Editing Clubs Into European Competitions

T.H

It's been a year since I've done any real editing, in particular with continental competitions.

I'm creating a Dream Team project which you can read about here if you're unsure what I mean.

The basic gist is that it's a superleague replacing the English Premiership that consists of 20 fictional teams that were chosen using a voting system. I have moved all the other English sides down a league, so the Championship contains the 2009-10 Premiership sides as well as Newcastle, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Sheffield United.

In the editor I've selected the four teams I want to play in the Champions League, two of them as seed 1s and the other two as seed 2s. Then I've set three teams to seed 1s in the Europa League and another as a seed 2 in the Europa League.

No other English teams have a continental competition set, but when I load the game, 4 random sides from my league are in the Champions League, one is in the Europa League and another is in the Intertoto. And then Chelsea and Everton who are in the Championship are both in the Europa League.

Doesn't make sense really, usually I would add them by replacing them with other sides, but none of the English clubs who should be in Europe are set to be in Europe so I assumed I wouldn't need to replace them.

Any help, would be very grateful. If you need any extra information just ask.

Sorry for the double post.

I moved Chelsea and Everton out of the Championship and replaced them with non-league clubs. This gave one Europa League spot to one of my teams and the other to Man United. So I moved Man U out of the Championship for a non-league club.

This gave me the 8 non-league places I wanted and the teams who got the places were the ones who I have set to have finished in positions 1-8 last season, with 1-4 in the Champions League, 5-7 in the Europa League and 8 in the Intertoto.

I'm happy with this, but if I move Chelsea, Everton and Man Utd back to the Championship, will I lose my 8 places?

Archived