• Database selection missing

chapplejc
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

When starting a new game, there doesn't appear to be an option anywhere in the interface to select which database you wish to use as there has been in all previous versions of FM Touch (small, medium, large).

I've tried every possible button/menu that is presented when you start a new career (jncluding all those provided when you select advanced options), and I cannot find a way to change it.

I did wonder if it was a feature that had been removed, but when you do choose to start a new game, it tells you how many leagues you're loading and from how many nations, and that you are starting a game using the small database. The fact it stresses you are starting using the small database implies to me it is not something that has been removed.

This lack of functionality is all-but gamebreaking for me, as I have no inclination to play using a small database.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You're joking? That's absolutely ludicrous, especially when the UI quite literally tells you you're starting a game using the Small database (see screengrab attached). Why would that detail be kept in the UI if there was no way to change it? Surely it should just be omitted if that was the case?

Highly disappointing. Basically renders Touch not worth playing if the database limitation is going to be so severe, it was limited enough on High on previous versions.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 07.44.38.png

Edited by chapplejc

3 hours ago, chapplejc said:

You're joking? That's absolutely ludicrous, especially when the UI quite literally tells you you're starting a game using the Small database (see screengrab attached). Why would that detail be kept in the UI if there was no way to change it? Surely it should just be omitted if that was the case?

Highly disappointing. Basically renders Touch not worth playing if the database limitation is going to be so severe, it was limited enough on High on previous versions.

Just to confirm are you playing via macOS?

Why should we play small database on Touch ? Last years there was an option to select database size . Now while there are more powerful devices but no selecting database it is very strange.

Exactly. There's no reason to strictly limit database size. If playing across multiple devices is a consideration, it should be possible to include the same caveats as before – i.e. if you want to play across MacOS, iPad and iPhone, for instance, then I would understand a database limitation. However, if like me you just want to play on a single platform, then why should it be limited? This has been implemented just fine since at least Touch '17.