• VAR bug

devonchris
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I like the VAR feature, but the suspense is completely ruined by a glitch which means that a disallowed goal is immediately chalked off the score, and the players all line up for a goal-kick, *before* the referee consults VAR. I therefore know as soon as the ball's in the net whether the goal will be disallowed or not, which defeats the point.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @devonchris. Thanks for logging this issue individually. For us to be able to fully investigate this issue could you please provide a PKM of a match where this is happening and saves from just before and just after the match, please?

This doesn't require game uploads - it's reproducible in literally every game. You can get this result with every single new game. I'm not sure why you ask for uploads when it's something that happens in everyone's games all the time. It's been logged and recognised frequently numerous times.

7 hours ago, devonchris said:

This doesn't require game uploads - it's reproducible in literally every game. You can get this result with every single new game. I'm not sure why you ask for uploads when it's something that happens in everyone's games all the time. It's been logged and recognised frequently numerous times.

This doesn't happen in my games. It used to on FM22, but on FM23 including latest version, I don't notice this.

I have a slightly different problem. In my games, every VAR (100% of cases) results in a disallowed goal. I've never had a single case where the referee awarded a goal.

When a match with VAR comes up again, I will upload the match and save files here or start a new thread.

My VAR bug is that all my VAR decisions are disallowed goals for both teams. Sometimes, it helps me win/draw… and sometimes it helps me lose. Lol!

I think the issue is simple and everyone knows it: there is no var decision when a goal can be allowed 😄 and it's not fixed since several major releases.