• Rich benefactor

barryholloway
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

I have unlocked the rich benefactor achievement. I have started a new save with Dumbarton (with the new update) and started the game with the rich benefactor unlocked. My starting budget is 3 million, which is more than I'd expect without the rich benefactor unlocked. However, at the start of every season, it says the board have invested a large sum (up to 50 million) but it doesn't seem to affect my finances at all. Not even the wage budget. I have had successive promotions to the SPL and I'm in Europe. But each season I only have the same transfer and wage budget as how it was when the previous season finished, despite the board saying they have invested money. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think that'll be because the game is notoriously slow at improving the clubs reputation/board's generosity with promotions etc, until you win something big (like UCL). Making the final doesn't seem to count much. And for small clubs you may need to win a bit to level up to get your board to relax the purse strings. So because of that, while the club has got a lot of money, the board isn't giving it to you. I think the thing that really needs to be fixed here is the small clubs easing up on budgets etc once they get promoted etc,

Anyway, the beauty of the rich benefactor unlockable is that if you go to Settings > Unlockables you can turn it off. And then turn it back on again. And then turn it off and then back on again... Each time it's turned back on, the even will happen again and there will be investment in the club and eventually enough will make it through to you that you'll have enough. Doesn't mean they shouldn't fix the problem properly, but does give you a workaround for now.