• Network Game no longer allowing more than 2 players to join

villanry
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Much like the other posts here, 3 of us are in a similar situation. Just started the second season of our online league and now the game is only allowing 2 players to join. The third player is not able to join the game once two people (one of whom is the host) have joined. We had started seeing this error but we managed to circumvent it for awhile by doing some creative joining tactics (not joining via the server finder, but joining via party member, hard rebooting, no quick resume, etc).

None of us have issues playing other multiplayer games online via Xbox live, all of us have Open NAT networking. 

This is incredibly disappointing, but I think even more disappointing is the complete and total lack of acknowledgement that this is a problem affecting the Console version. There may not be as many of us playing this game as the PC version, but it's completely unacceptable for a game-breaking bug this bad to go unacknowledged for so long.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For what it's worth, after the patch went live we were able to get back into our save tonight (all three of us together). We still are running into this issue periodically though, so I don't consider it resolved. Just want to keep this thread updated.

On 14/12/2022 at 04:39, villanry said:

For what it's worth, after the patch went live we were able to get back into our save tonight (all three of us together). We still are running into this issue periodically though, so I don't consider it resolved. Just want to keep this thread updated.

How has it been recently? Unfortunately it seem very intermittent for some player and persisted for others. Can you also provide us with the following information?

We need the info for each individual player. If there are more than three players feel free to add numbers. 

Host:

Is your connection wired or wireless?
    What is your current NAT type?
    What console are you playing on?
    Can you please check your cross play permissions
    What is your lobby type? Online Career, Fantasy Draft or Versus Mode.
    Allow users to join type? No, Friends Only or Anyone.
    In what order did each person join?

Player One:

Player Two:

Me and my friends keep running into this issue periodically as well. With two separate three player saves being destroyed by this. This issue occurred in the first save after one session and after four in the second save. There seems to be no trend or pattern to this bug which also occurred last year on fm22.

Same issue for myself and my 2 friends.. 

FM23 will not allow more than one player to connect to the host on xbox live. This issue has been ongoing since fm22 as far as i`m aware it always breaks at some point.

Tried hosting a game on my PC through Gamepass for pc using the fm23 console edition of the game and it does exactly the same.

"HOST GAME STATUS"

Online Career - Friends Only - Password locked

Maximum leagues selected

Wired Connection

Open Nat (all players consoles)

All Using Xbox  Series X consoles .(except when i tried to host on PC)

Game Updated to latest version on Hosts console, all other players consoles and Host PC (When attempting to host on PC Gamepass version)