• Game crashes (Console version on PC via Game Pass)

EVH5150
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I've now had two crashes on the Console version, playing on my PC through Game Pass. One was on the Player Search screen, and one was just after I completed a transfer window. On the first, I was prompted to provide information for debugging, but not on the second occasion.

If I can provide a log or something, please let me know.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the crash dump. We'll place under review.

With two crashes within a few hours of each other I don't want to continue playing - so please let me know if there's anything obviously gone wrong in there.

Like I said, the second crash did not produce a crash dump nor a prompt to send feedback.

Edited by EVH5150

• SI Staff

Hello, it would be helpful if we could get your save file also.

1) Launch Football Manager Console on Windows and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)
    2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog
    3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football ManagerConsole\Temporary
    4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)
    5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)
    6) Upload here - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 (And tell us the name of the file)

• SI Staff

Hello, we have been unable to reproduce this internally. 

Could you please provide us with further information about your actions leading up to the crash and if you've experienced it again.

If we could maybe get something a bit more specific, it would help us narrow it down, thank you.

Just had another crash with no error message and no crash dump - just straight back to the desktop. It was when I was coming out of the Recruitment tab having made some transfer offers. This occurred previously - no warning, no crash dump - coming out of a transfer deadline day. 

Save game uploaded is called: CRASH AFTER RECRUITMENT TAB - NO CRASH DUMP Man Utd.fmt

• SI Staff

Hello, we're still investigating your issue.

As this is a random crash it is difficult to reproduce and identify the root cause.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

I searched the Windows Event Viewer for fm.exe and I have found both crashes that didn't have warnings/crash dumps. Should I post the details here?

Edited by EVH5150

Most recent crash: 

Faulting application name: fm.exe, version: 23.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x637e54c9
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff6a9
    Faulting process ID: 0x1b94
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d929e2c0468a66
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2023XboxEdition_0.9.754.0_x64__5w3tn6tb6stnm\fm.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: abac2629-2213-4386-bf9b-889802544a10
    Faulting package full name: SportsInteractive.FootballManager2023XboxEdition_0.9.754.0_x64__5w3tn6tb6stnm
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I've been digging again since I've had a couple of reoccurrences. Reliability Monitor - a tool I hadn't previously used - points to Microsoft GameInput on every single crash.