• Cannot save game - Please help me!!!!

Daniel Dyche
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Twice now on two long term saves i've had this issue where it seemingly deletes itself (my save) and if i try to save it at all or it tries to auto save it just constantly tells me "game could not be saved".

I'm becoming very p....d off now looks like i'm losing a second long term save and i've truly lost the will to play this game any longer.

I lost a 10 year journeyman save and now i'm losing a 4 year save.

Notes - i play console version on my PC - i had the top 5 leagues on the save England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy. - My pc has plenty of memory space.

Can somebody please help me or save my file for me some how i don't want to lose another becasue i'll just quit the game for good this has seriously put me off and honestly made me very depressed.

ba75d790356b6d8d1e892f5ca6f5889b.png

3958ba8fa4d2b9318ddbc349e3025c2c.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @Daniel Dyche

Can you please try clearing your cache, this can be located on your PC here:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Caches

Move Cache folder to your desktop, so it no longer appear in the Football Manager folder

Please bear in mind, these are not your save games, this folder is completely unrelated. Upon removing these folders, new ones will be regenerated when you next launch the game. The next time you launch the game remember to change any preferences you wish to have changed (such as auto saves, sound level or game display mode).

I'm also having this problem even after doing the above. Was using 3 rolling auto save so only lost a week but cant trust game as could lose progress at any time when this happens

On 02/05/2023 at 14:50, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @Daniel Dyche

Can you please try clearing your cache, this can be located on your PC here:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\Caches

Move Cache folder to your desktop, so it no longer appear in the Football Manager folder

Please bear in mind, these are not your save games, this folder is completely unrelated. Upon removing these folders, new ones will be regenerated when you next launch the game. The next time you launch the game remember to change any preferences you wish to have changed (such as auto saves, sound level or game display mode).

I can't find that on my pc, i assume it's because i'm using the console version, i think it launches on my pc through the xbox app or something i'm not sure.