• African Nations Cup won’t let me play the match

Mark poole
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi 

never came across this before but I manage Algeria, they are about to go into the qualifiers for the African Nations Cup (not the African cup of nations) it gets me to pick the B team squad for Algeria but I don’t get any option to play to the match scheduled, I used to be able to play matches on fm 22 console on Xbox one and I’m now on the ps5 version. I’ve attached an image that appears on the day of the match, surely it should let me watch the match as been as I picked the squad 

image.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There is no option for B team, you go on staff responsibilities and it just says about training etc, I know you can’t control the under 21’s on the console game but you could control the B team in the last console game 

I was allowed to pick the squad and arrange friendlies but not watch or have anything to do with the match and as I say no option about it on staff responsibilities 

• SI Staff

Hi @Mark pooleafter discussing with the developers, this is done by design. CHAN is a competition that only allows players from a nations domestic league to compete in the competition. We don't have a team type for continent specific based national teams, therefore the national B team takes the place of that.

That doesnt make sense, I was Nigeria in fm 22 Xbox and could watch the CHAN matches in full as I went onto win the event, they were Nigeria B team 

surely having me pick the squad etc I should be able to watch it like last year?

Edited by Mark poole