• What is it with Negotiating with the AI?

Oliver Shoesmith
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

So many times I've had offers for players and i've tried to squeeze them a little to extract about another 5-10% on the player sale. But as soon as I do this the other team negotiates down to about half of their initial offer.

This happens all the time so I'd be surprised if it's not been reported so far because it seems like a bug. I can believe the other club not wanting to accept my demands but i'd expect them to stick to their guns and go back to the original offer or at least try to meet you half way.

If you go back to the original offer and ask them to negotiate it after this then they again come back with an offer about 50% what they first gave you.

Not even annoyed, just disappointed. It's hard enough to sell players for a good price in this game, the AI wants to extract every last penny out of you but they aren't willing to play ball when you start doing the same.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Do you have a save game from just before the offer comes in at all? We've never been able to get an example of this happening provided to us so its the kind of issue we would really appreciate having a save file where it does happen to investigate further. A guide on how to do so is available here:

sadly I think not, I think it's pretty easy to replicate though if you offer some players to clubs. I'll try and get you one. but my save files are pretty huge, is it ok to submit a link rather than upload the file?

most often I see it when it's a loan with option to buy.

Let me know the best course of action and i'll try and upload something with some instructions

Just now, Oliver Shoesmith said:

sadly I think not, I think it's pretty easy to replicate though if you offer some players to clubs. I'll try and get you one. but my save files are pretty huge, is it ok to submit a link rather than upload the file?

most often I see it when it's a loan with option to buy.

Let me know the best course of action and i'll try and upload something with some instructions

apologies, i just saw you posted a link, thanks

As luck would have it I have an example for you.

The saved file has been uploaded. It's aptly named "Failed Squeeze.fm"

Photos below are

Their Offer
    My attempt to squeeze a little more out of them
    Their counter offer

This happens to me all the time

offer.png

squeeze.png

result.png

Edited by Oliver Shoesmith

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.