• One Year Contract Renewals for Over x Age (Board Preference)

bowieinspace
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hey,

I'm confident the issue is due to the title.

I am playing as Athletic Bilbao who have a few players over 32, and our board has a favoured policy to only offer 1 year extensions to players over 32. 

When considering renewals for these players it won't let me offer anything beyond the current season (which is odd as it's a favoured policy not a required one anyway). However what is happening is that throughout the season I can keep renewing a players contract on gradually lower wages/bonuses, without extending it past the year and the player is quite happy to accept. E.g. I have reduced Raul Garcia's wage down to 68,000GBP per week by November (he starts on 140,000 per week I think from memory, or around that) without extending his contract length.

I also can't offer them any kind of extension assuming I want to keep them, so I'll need to wait until some point around their contract end date to renew them I assume, potentially opening them up for offers from elsewhere. 

Should be easy to reproduce by starting a save with Athletic and renewing any of the players contracts over 32. If that's not possible I can upload my save file.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this with us. In the example you've given it would be good to see what has already taken place and what subsequent negotiations yield. There's no guarantee we would be able to get it to reproduce on our side. If you can share your save game it will make it a lot more efficient for our QA team to investigate. A guide on uploading your save is available here: 

Hi @Michael Sant,

I've uploaded the oldest save game file I have, in game date is December 9th. Unfortunately (I've tried my 3 rolling save files) you can't do any negotiations relevant to this bug, however you can view prior examples. The save game file is called 'Geronimo Dalli - A. Bilbao (v03) and is on the cloud.

Prior examples would be to look at the contracts of Yuri and Raul Garcia compared to their original deals (Yuri reduced by a year and lower wage, Raul Garcia lower wage - by this time I might even have lowered it twice...). Both won't enter negotiations for a new deal having 'recently signed a new deal'. Yuri has had a substantial wage reduction, and contract reduced from 2024 end date to 2023. Raul Garcia has had multiple wage reductions through signing new deals during the season without extending the contract length - I think he starts on 140k and he's now on 68k.

I can only assume it's due to the board favoured policy as Inigo Martinez who is just under the age limit for that policy at 31 only requests multi year extensions, whereas the guys over 32 are limited to end of season deals. Dani Garcia is also over 32, but being slightly younger on a much lower wage, he asks for a slight wage increase whereas Raul Garcia and Yuri were content to take salary reductions - both Yuri and Raul Garcia have high salaries given their age, ability etc at the start of the save.

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing the save game with us. It gives the QA some more to work with which helps investigating. The contract reduction for Yuri is probably something worth checking our side too.

1 hour ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for sharing the save game with us. It gives the QA some more to work with which helps investigating. The contract reduction for Yuri is probably something worth checking our side too.

Yeah the whole thing seems like a bug linked to the board favoured policy of one year deals for over 32s…like they would happily accept a lower wage on a 2 or 3 year deal, but something is forcing the game to default to end of season deals only and the players accept it as if it’s actually a longer deal

Edited by bowieinspace