• Can't scout certain countries

teh peng
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I am managing Chelsea in FM23 and my scouting range is 'World', so there shouldn't be any issues. There are also no restrictions that I know of.

However, when setting up my scouts to scout certain nations, I found that most nations in Africa, as well as some in Asia are greyed out and can't be scouted, as shown below. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I have uploaded my save file for reference.
    fbrjfn9yn2z91.png?width=702&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2bb2582c69400f213cfaa62014e9bdd585eb2fe
    ekwe0dd6o2z91.png?width=620&format=png&auto=webp&s=d1cd6eb6b83320d630a9a0f2daecf21194972042

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Apologies, it's due to there not being any viable players to scout - we're looking to add a tooltip to make this clearer, but it's not necessarily a bug because even with the changes, they will still be greyed out. 

On 07/03/2023 at 08:22, Kyle Brown said:

Apologies, it's due to there not being any viable players to scout - we're looking to add a tooltip to make this clearer, but it's not necessarily a bug because even with the changes, they will still be greyed out. 

How can that be?

I'm having the same problem in my save and I can't scout Senegal, AFCON Champions, in my save.

Just now, Cloud9 said:

How can that be w/ no viable players to scout?

I'm having the same problem in my save and I can't scout Senegal, AFCON Champions, in my save.

On 07/03/2023 at 16:22, Kyle Brown said:

I get Afghanistan or the Maldives being zeros, but why wouldn't there be viable players to scout from Cabo Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Congo, Ghana ect?  In real life there are absolutely guys in those countries.  Always bothered me I couldn't have more African signings, especially because I feel like the game doesn't generate enough dual citizen kids from your local youth recruitment (for example, any club in the Lisbon area should have lots of dual citizen Portugal + Cabo Verde,Guinea-Bissau, Angola, Sao Tome, Brasil, kids but doesn't so much in FM)

Japan too, I get FM can't do real Japanese leagues for contractual reasons, but you'd think you could have the game generate fake Japanese kids to sign?

Edited by nms1987