• Copa del Rey semifinal 1st leg rearranged - Game 1 played after game 2

Moniola
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

For a second consecutive season my first leg semifinal of the copa del rey has been postponed due to me playing in the champions league "qualifying round." The first leg is then scheduled after the 2nd leg. What this does is that it completely disregards the result of the first match played (the 2nd leg). For example, last season my semifinal 1st leg against Real Madrid was rescheduled until after the 2nd leg. In that first game played (which was supposed to be the 2nd leg) I beat them 1-0 at home. In the rematch we drew 1-1, but the game still went to extra time and eventually penalty kicks and I ended up getting knocked out. I restarted, and eventually beat them to reach the final because I felt that justice needed to prevail. 

Now this season the same thing has happened. My first leg semi final against Barcelona has been rearranged until after the 2nd leg. I just lost the "2nd leg" 3-0, as far as I can tell that result won't matter in the rematch. I still haven't played that game, but when I do I'll edit this post.

It all sounds a bit messy, but I hope you know what I mean here. I've uploaded the file with the name journeyman.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Apologies we never did respond to this in the first instance, completely accidental!

Scheduling AI is something tricky to master and we're always looking to improve upon it. We'll make the necessary changes ahead of future editions of FM and hopefully make this sort of thing a bit more realistic. Thanks for the spot.