• Romanian league fails to generate league fixtures

MrGone
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

If this is the wrong forum for this, please let me know and direct me to the correct location!

In 2030 in my save, all Romanian leagues failed to generate league fixtures.

Through troubleshooting, I found changing Liga III to unplayable early enough fixed the issue for the remaining leagues. This leads me to believe that there is some issue regarding the Liga III competition rules.

In case it matters for your troubleshooting, initially I had all three tiers of Romania loaded as playable at the start of the save, then disabled the third tier (Liga III) after the first season, and re-enabled Liga III for the 2026/27 season, meaning all three tiers generated fixtures normally for four seasons before the issue arose.

The newest save that would allow me to change Liga III to unplayable was June 2nd; June 9th was too late and Liga III would not be removed even if selected to be removed.

Save file is titled "Romania fixture issue save." It is uploaded to the OwnCloud.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi - this has happened to me in 2028/29 and 2030/2031.  It fixed itself in 29/30 but then repeated in 30/31. 

Is there any way to force it back? I also have Liga III as playable. Should I disable it for this to not occur again... ? This is very wasteful of people's time. 

PS: found it to be reported in FM 22 as well. Described as "fixed" then...

Edited by adanuleasa

I have this exact same problem in my 29/30 season, i also have the Liga a 3-a loaded, have u found any fix ? Is there anyway i can save this season (i'm already in September and no fixtures happened) or is the season just screwed ? Should i remove liga a 3-a ?

4 hours ago, DaniMiste said:

I have this exact same problem in my 29/30 season, i also have the Liga a 3-a loaded, have u found any fix ? Is there anyway i can save this season (i'm already in September and no fixtures happened) or is the season just screwed ? Should i remove liga a 3-a ?

Season's screwed, yes. You will probably get fixtures in 30/31. But it might happen again in 31/32. What I do is I have created 10 file rolling monthly autosaves so that when June 1st comes around and it's not working, I can load it back and disable the L3. Not sure if it will work but it better, I have already "lost" two seasons on this error. 

Will report back when I get there. 

• SI Staff

Hi, we've been investigating this issue but, in the file the user has attached, Liga III was already being removed, and the fixtures generate as things are, as well as if you re-enable the league. Could we get confirmation that the file uploaded doesn't generate the fixtures for them as is, as well as if the league is re-enabled. 

I have my original save file from that year on July 30th where the league did not generate fixtures; I had saved it to keep track of the transfers I made to recreate my actions once I 'fixed' the fixture issue. This file is uploaded to the ownCloud with the title "FC Rapid - Romania transfers backup"

I also took the "Romania fixture issues save" file I initially uploaded, deselected Liga III from being removed and found the same thing you did, yet when this post was originally made, doing so resulted in the issue presented. Regardless, I hope the "FC Rapid - Romania transfers backup" file provides the info needed.

I HAVE FOUND THE ISSUE (I think).

The issue does not lie in the Liga III fixtures, but rather in the Liga II Relegation Playoffs. The game generated this fixture to be played on July 1st, 2030, which is AFTER the Season Update Day of June 30th. I think this fixture being unresolved caused all leagues not to update.

This fixture is usually played in late May, as can be seen in past seasons in the save; May 23rd/26th in 2029, May 24th/27th in 2028, May 26th/29th in 2027, etc.

In the initially uploaded file, the first leg of this tie was scheduled for May 19th between Dinamo Bucuresti and Unirea Slobozia, which has already passed without the game being played, but updates to June 5th and gets played if you deselect Liga III for removal and continue for a day.

HOWEVER, this fixture will not be played if you delay deselecting Liga III. It will try rescheduling the fixture, but it won't be played UNLESS Liga III is deselected for removal early enough.

I think the selecting for removal and deselecting for removal of Liga III causes some sort of refresh on the scheduling.

I have uploaded a save to the ownCloud titled "Romania Fixture issue save delayed enable to 26th" This file is on June 26th right after I have deselected Liga III for removal. Here the Liga II Relegation Playoff has updated to June 18th, but was not played.

Continuing forward reschedules the fixture to July 1st, but again does not get played and no fixtures are generated for any Romanian league as a result. This file was also uploaded as "Romania Fixture issue save delayed enable to 26th - July 1st"

Edited by MrGone
    Grammar clarification

Has a solution or a reason for this issue been found? I have the same thing in romanian first league. I will be very grateful for a fix, I put hundreds of hours in the save, I don't have the power to start another game.

5 hours ago, redddexter said:

sorry were can I upload the save, the file is to large for here is has more than 300mb.

You can upload your save file to the ownCloud here

5 hours ago, redddexter said:

Has a solution or a reason for this issue been found? I have the same thing in romanian first league. I will be very grateful for a fix, I put hundreds of hours in the save, I don't have the power to start another game.

Do you have a save from late May/early June? If so and your issue is the same as mine, you can try to remove Liga III and re-add it to force the Liga II relegation playoff to reschedule

Yuliven Sarukov - The Iron Wolves2.5 is the name of the save

and Yuliven Sarukov - The Iron Wolves eurov2 a second one . thanks

Edited by redddexter

I've had the exact same issue. Is there a fix yet? Will it prevent the issue permanently if I simply remove Liga III as a playable league?

2 hours ago, shaneomac said:

I've had the exact same issue. Is there a fix yet? Will it prevent the issue permanently if I simply remove Liga III as a playable league?

This is an error reported as fixed in fm22 for a AAA title that launches every year with cosmetic improvement whose largest employee base is volunteer-based. Sorry to say, unlikely they will ever fix this. 

Ontopic: This has happened again to me and it does seem that the Relegation Playoff at the end of Liga II (to determine the 5th team going down to L3) is the issue. 

I have an autosave from June 8th and that is not early enough to apply the "fix". The issue with mine seems to be that one team scheduled to play in it has it scheduled on May 24th whilst the other on June 1st. Forcing selection and deselection in June 8/9th does not retrigger anything.

I will try going back to my previous fortnight save (although that means playing the title decider once more) and hope for the best.

Another observation I have is that you can tell when the next season is effed by the fact that the Manager Timeline Review thing does NOT trigger the moment you finish the season. 

Update: After reloading into my May autosave, I specifically watched that the L2 playoff gets scheduled. And without doing a single thing differently, whereas before both teams involved had the game in their schedules against "unknown" opponents (despite obviously being each other), the tie now gets scheduled in May 25/28th. I attended the games to make sure they get played. 

After the first leg, I got the manager timeline (since the ECL final played the same day) knowing that the issue is resolved for another season. 

What's weird is that I did NOTHING other than reload and let it do it again and it did it fine... 

Edited by adanuleasa

• SI Staff

Hello, we're unable to reproduce this issue on newer save games. Could we ask if anyone is coming across this issue on a save started after the 29th March?

i started my Romanian save on Tuesday May 9th 2023, and i have just come across the bug in the Romanian 1st league in 2025 where my League fixtures have not generated , my Cup fixtures have, but League have not.

Also as someone who plays 1000s of hours of FM a season, its very disappointing that in May we still have Bugs like this occurring