• Player No Longer Eligible After Update

afanatic07
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I'm currently playing in EFL League 2 and have a CB on loan from an EFL Championship club. They have made twenty appearances for me this season, but in my first time playing since the winter update they are no longer listed as eligible. It says they played in a U21 match for the club that bought them in the summer and then loaned them to me in addition to playing an EFL League One match from the selling team. I was not aware of the U21 match when loaning for them and clearly the game allowed it to go through as they have made twenty appearances across competitions for me.

I thought that maybe it was a transfer window thing, but I uploaded a previous save from before the January window and it also says he is ineligible for games he played in for my current save now that I have the update.

I cannot terminate the loan, which means I can only slowly make a player and club unhappy. Ideally, I'd like for the player to be eligible as they have been all season or to be able to terminate the loan, since this is an update issue and not one of my own making.

In the future, I would encourage updates to roster rule enforcement to only take place after a season has finished for the player to prevent an issue like this in the future. It is not a great experience to invest many hours in a season/career and then an update that I wasn't aware of and didn't ask for being downloaded/updated and impacting my season. 

File Save Name: Zack Nesbitt - Cheshunt.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Do you have a save file prior to the player signing on loan so we can investigate this a bit further? 

The rule was in place before the release of the game and has never been removed, so we're a bit confused as to how you could sign the player in the first place.