• Staff members signing contract extensions (without one being offered) when approached by other teams

Grug
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This happened to me twice.

A staff member (Scout) was approached by another team with an offer to take a job with them as a Head Scout. I got a message notifying me of this and informing me of the compensation I would get if they left. There is a dialogue option on this message to convince them to stay. The first time, I took no action at all, accepting that if they stay, they stay, if they leave, I will get a replacement. A couple days later, I got a message that they had turned down the approaching team and signed a contract extension (it extended them one year).

Second time this happened, I did open the dialogue. It upset them initially (I was affecting their career, etc), but I backed down and let them make their own decision (or something similar to that). Nothing in the dialogue implied or offered a contract extension to the staff member. This did improve their morale out of the dialogue. A couple days later, I got the message that they turned down the approaching team and signed a contract extension (for one additional year).

I do not know if any terms of their contract, other than the length, changed (like pay).

I have not delegated hiring or firing of scouting staff to anyone, I control it. This was the first thing I checked on this matter.

If it matters, I am playing in Spanish Federation Second, Group 3.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Uploaded the game:
    "Staff Reups Contracts from user Grug.fm"

The game is on 2/15, he will be approached on 2/16 and it will resolve after the match on 2/19.

I noticed one more thing on the initial card - there is a "Responsibilities" button, that presumably would show who is in charge of Staff contracts, but in this case, nothing comes up when I clicked on it (it was a black box). I have a screenshot of that attached here.

Screenshot (1849).png

• SI Staff

Hi @Grug

We've taken a look in to this, although all hiring and firing of staff is set to you, the contract renewals/extensions are delegated away to other staff (specifically DoF), so this is why your staff are being offered extensions.

The issue around the empty box is an issue, thank you for raising that

Kind regards
    Russell