• Name Issues

frayed
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

first, there two persons of sikh descent that may need their name fields edited.

• 1046147 - name fields are odd. first name is Gursharan, second name Karmjit Singh, common name Gursharan Singh, full name Gursharan Karmjit Singh.
      • based on the common name it would seem that the first name is indeed Gursharan, but the Karmjit in the second name is a first name as far as i know, while Singh is the basic surname in sikh culture. as such i think Karmjit refers to the father.
      • as such i think the first name should be kept as Gursharan, second name Singh (not Karmjit Singh). the common name can be removed, while the full name should be changed to Gursharan Singh s/o Karmjit Singh.
      • however, this is educated guesswork based on other sikh persons in the data from malaysia and singapore - see next person for an example.
    • 23139406 - based on the full name field, the entered first name is the actual first name + second name, while second name contains the father's name.
      • therefore, first name should be Jasvinderpal, second name Singh, common name removed, and full name kept as it is currently (Jasvinderpal Singh s/o Kuldeep Singh).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

also adding a minor detail, not sure how widespread this might be.

for 2016322, suggest to add common name "Fandi Ahmad" to be consistent with the naming conventions for his sons (Ilhan Fandi, Ikhsan Fandi, and Irfan Fandi). else the game will likely call him by his second name Ahmad, which is actually his father's name.