• Name Issues

frayed
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

first, there are two persons of sikh descent who may need to have their names edited as their first name consists of their father's first name + second name, while their second name is actually their own first name + second name.

• full name is Ashkayjit Singh a/l Ajet Singh, suggesting that their first name is Ashkayjit, second name Singh, and that they are the son of Ajet Singh.
      • however, first name is entered as Ajet Singh, second name as Ashkayjit Singh.
      • same issue - Charun Singh, the father's name, is entered as the first name, while Pritam Singh, their name, is entered as the second name.

these would make it consistent with how things are done for three other sikh persons in the data: 2000046746, 2000046747, and 2000039657.

second, for 2000032165, the full name is likely missing a "s/o" or son of indicator in the full name, which is entered as "Gurmesjit Singh Ajit Singh" - this should become "Gurmesjit Singh s/o Ajit Singh".

third, with regards to titles in name fields - there was a discussion in the austrian and german data for fm22 that resulted in woodg stating that titles should not be included in the name fields. in the context of malaysian persons (and probably indonesia, brunei, and singapore), this could have an impact in the sense of the dato / dato' / datuk titles, as well as potentially the haji / hajah titles. not sure what the approach would be here. personally, i think it is fine as long as it does not appear in the first, second, or common names. i suppose si games needs to be clear on this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The issues are fixed. Please spot out any if you find any other Malaysian sikh players are having such problem. The 2 players are the missing ones when I fix the issue massively around 2 years ago..

Regarding the Datuk / Dato' issue, I would like them to be kept. The reason is simply... even the Malaysian FA also announce such "Datuk / Dato' or even "@" , etc" as part of a player full name in their official website ... So, why not keeping them...