• Is it possible, that some of lower level teams were created, but there's no kits defined for them?

rristola
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I found this issue, when I tried to create kits for lower leagues teams. Game can't update those kits, because those kits don't exist???

At least, the in-game editor doesn't show any values for them...

For instance, team LuPo or Luumäen Pojat, ID 33084948, doesn't have any values or pictures shown in kits section in the editor. See the picture added.

Would this mean that if my team would have a friendly with this team, it would have all blue kit? Blue from team colors...

How can I (or anyone) update these kind of (non-existent) kits? Or, can a kit be "created" using a mod?

And - without editor. I'm making a kit pack here.

BTW, that good looking badge is from a mod (Metallic Logos Megapack).

Or, what happened here?

Thanks for advice!

lupo.thumb.JPG.bcea74e9199745919f31a51b7a0a90f3.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

You're correct in that, as there are no kits set, the game will utilise those blue and white 'fall-back' colours. You will need to set up the kits (either by 'Add' in the In-Game Editor, or in a file in the pre-game Editor).

52 minutes ago, Tom Elliott said:

'Add' in the In-Game Editor, or in a file in the pre-game Editor).

Thanks for quick answer.

So, you mean, that there are no such set of commands (into kit pack config files), which would make adding kits possible?

This isn't the biggest way to change the game - only a piece of graphics, and we should be able to create/update kits WITHOUT editors...

Of course, adding all the missing kits would need more space aso., but do you think SI could do the basic - just to add kits with team colors? Next update?

The same goes with kits for one competition, like UEFA Cup. There are pretty many of us who know how to do kit packs, but having to use the editor...

I have thought to make it possible for some little teams to go "from rags to riches", and there I would have needed to add "cup kits".

• SI Staff

You need to create the kit in the editor first, so that the game's 3D match engine can utilise those colours and styles. I believe, by 'kit pack' you are referring to third-party, unlicensed graphics, which can then be added via config once a kit is created in the editor.

As this team is non-playable without any additional editor files, it would understandably not be of high priority for those kits to be created in the database - although that would be the decision of the Head Researcher for Finland, @Vesse.

15 minutes ago, Tom Elliott said:

not be of high priority

Yeah, I can understand that "top priorities", but, in fact, I meant that ALL teams (around the world) and even in the lower leagues should have two kits created.

In the vanilla game... Teams usually have at least two kits  ;-}

The other way round would be to search for possibility that it could be done using kit packs.

Like editor files, they are also loaded into the game.

On the other hand, I could start learning how to use pre-game editor.

• SI Staff
    17 minutes ago, rristola said:

Yeah, I can understand that "top priorities", but, in fact, I meant that ALL teams (around the world) and even in the lower leagues should have two kits created.

In the vanilla game... Teams usually have at least two kits  ;-}

The other way round would be to search for possibility that it could be done using kit packs.

Like editor files, they are also loaded into the game.

On the other hand, I could start learning how to use pre-game editor.

In an ideal world I'd agree, but there are of course time and resource constraints, and often difficulty in sourcing data for non-playable leagues, too. You're right that playable teams in the 'vanilla' game will have their kits set, of course.

:)

3 minutes ago, Tom Elliott said:

time and resource constraints

In FM24?

This is my (hopefully) last question now.

I tried this. In in-game editor I added a home kit for this team LuPo. Then I reloaded skin (with kit update), but that didn't update that kit.

Can you verify - it needs to be done in pre-game editor, or did I just do something wrong?

• SI Staff
    10 minutes ago, rristola said:

In FM24?

This is my (hopefully) last question now.

I tried this. In in-game editor I added a home kit for this team LuPo. Then I reloaded skin (with kit update), but that didn't update that kit.

Can you verify - it needs to be done in pre-game editor, or did I just do something wrong?

That's up to the relevant Head Researcher :)

With your editor issue, that's not something I'm familiar with - if you need help with the editors or skinning, please visit the relevant sub-forums and I'm sure somebody would be glad to assist.