• Online career keeps giving - disconnected from host

PoPolinho
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Online career between 2 players keeps issuing disconnected from host, sometimes the client side can reconnect some times the game isn't visible anymore. If we swap roles, my friend the host and me client I keep disconnecting but most of the times I can reconnect. We started this month after playing FM22 for months in a row without any issue...

We checked the standard faq page and did everything stated there, down/upload are all perfect on both sides 110-90mbit/20-30mbit with 20-25 msec latencies. Firewalls both sides disabled to brute test it. This time we play on steam, fm22 was the host on Epic games. That's the only difference we see. We tried different type of setups, private (anyone can join) with pass, friends only game with no pass, diff DB types, small, big... Leagues on minimum and a lot, all the same issue.

Logs of client and host attached maybe they make sense, I do see disconnect lignes but don't understand how they relate to the issue

Logs - Host.zip Network logs - client.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Im getting the same issue, 2022 was flawless for my online game with my friend over Steam but we started our FM23 and first session no issue but last night and tonight droppign all the time, no obvious connection of why its at random intervals 

Same issue here as well me and a mate played FM22 for the full game cycle with no issues. However when playing FM23 it drops the connection for the joining player only every few minutes. Also tried the same changing the host loading up with fewer leagues making sure all preferences match disabling all firewalls. No luck it's so frustrating 

• Administrators

Can we confirm that both yourselves and the other users are all using Steam, and that you have your regions set correctly via Steam Downloads? (Steam > Settings > Downloads). From what we can tell, the connectivity is dropping due to an internet speed check, which shouldn't be the case if you're all local .

We resolved the issue after looking into the connection logs from all users which stated some issue with TLS/SSL connection issues from my side.

I reinstalled my pc because switching from LAN connection to WIFI didn't solve it nor did reinstalling both adapters. After reinstall, everything worked fin. To answer the question we were all using steam as client and the regions are all set correctly to Belgium where we live. In this case it was pc related or some kind of windows issue dropping connections.

Just fyi, we started a new online career 2nd of december (after the latest update) all worked fine until today, so exactly 2 weeks later and again the other side keeps disconnecting most of the times during a match (playing or attending/viewing) or after the match when he needs to do the post match conference. We have a total gametime now of 3,5 days.

Edited by PoPolinho

Having the exact same issue and cant find anything that resolves this.

This is the only football manager we have ever had an issue like this with.

Hoping that someone can come up with a fix as the game is completely unplayable for us now with the constant disconnects 

• Administrators

@nrwbasti Going forward will be better to create a new thread when you encounter an issue like this, and provide us with your save game and steps to reproduce. 

Not every disconnect happens for the same reason, so it's not guaranteed to be the same as the thread you've responded to. 

Will copy and paste this onto the existing threads and close them off, and we'll look to help if you can create a new one :)