• Classification of players into squads is not correct

Kruj
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Situation:
    A club has at three teams (one main team and two reserve teams). In Germany, we have, for example, Hamburger SV who does not only have a II. team but also a III. team which plays in Oberliga (5th division).

If you create all the missing players with the Pre-Game Editor, it is well-known that it makes no difference in which of the three teams you create the players in because the game makes the classification automatically after setting up a savegame.

However, especially if you have three teams for a club, the correct classification fails heavily. It should be the case that the game sorts the players into the respective squads according to their CA. But what I observe ingame: Most of the players who should play in the II. team are being sorted into the III. team, and vice-versa. To make matters worse: The II. team also has some grey players then and only 15 white players while the squad of the III. team has way too much players (up to 30). So not only is the sorting incorrect; the two reserve teams are also not balanced at all.

I attached two screenshots of the TSV Dachau squad of the II. and III. team that I created in the Editor. In II. team, you can clearly see the grey players, while the III. team has way too many players (see the scrollbar on the right side). And unfortunately, most of the players you see in the II. squad should actually be in the III. team while most of the players in the III. team should be in II. team according to their CA.

While the season is running, the AI sticks to the classification most of the time, a couple of players from the III. team might sometimes play in II. team but not all of them and not every week, so it remains unrealistic.

That's how the club affiliations are set in the editor:

TSV Dachau II --> II CLUB of TSV Dachau (with TSV Dachau as the "main club")

TSV Dachau III --> 3 CLUB of TSV Dachau (with TSV Dachau as the "main club")

I already experimented with other affiliations (e.g. TSV Dachau III as "Normal Affiliated Club" with TSV Dachau II and ticked box "Players move freely", but that made it even worse and the III. team only consisted of grey players then).

d1.JPG

d2.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What I just realize is the age of the players. The "white" players in the II. team are all older than 22 and in the III. team they are all younger. Looks like the game is sorting the teams after age, and not after CA. I see this pattern also with all other II. and III. teams squads that I created in my file.

Edited by Kruj

• SI Staff

It's a little tricky to look into things like this, as there are quite a lot of considerations. I'll pass this one on to see perhaps which part of our QA team would be best suited to review this.

Maybe I should add the information that if a club only has two teams, everything works fine, and players of all ages are being sorted into the II. team and the 1st and the II team are being separated by the player's CA's. The described issue only emerges when a club has 3 teams.

Looks to me like a club which is affiliated as a "3 Club" is automatically a U21 team, so it gets all U21 players which are too weak for the first team, and the rest (which is older than 22) then gets sorted into the "II Club". But this shouldn't be the case, a "3 Club" should be treated like a normal club, not a U21.

Edited by Kruj