• Vanarama National League Play offs . . .

stockwellpete
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I have just been through this process with St Albans City  in the game at the end of the 23/24 season. My team came 4th in the league - and I knew from my own knowledge of the system used in that league in real life that I would be playing at home against the team that had finished 7th. However, the game just presented my next match as St Albans v ?  on a specific date. Then, 24 hours before the match was due to be played, a screen came up with the details of the so-called "draw" for the Elimination Round play-off matches. There is no "draw" in the actual process. It is not random, it is pre-determined by the league rules, I believe. And, yes, I was drawn at home to the team that had finished seventh.

So this needs correcting in the game. The full play-off schedule is always as follows . . .

Vanarama National League Play-Off Schedule
    Elimination Round - Match A - 5th place vs 6th place
    Elimination Round - Match B - 4th place vs 7th Place
    Semi Final - 2nd place vs winner of Match A
    Semi Final- 3rd place vs winner of Match B
    Promotion Final 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So I posted this about a week ago and have had no replies or acknowledgement. Public status is "open", whatever that means. Presumably you have a "To do" list, with some sort of prioritisation operating, do you? Is this on it anywhere? Do you agree that a change is merited, or not? I imagine that this would not be too difficult to fix.

OK. I don't have one myself currently because I couldn't make out what was actually happening over a number of screens when I had achieved a play off spot last time. I am in the running for the play offs again this season, so if it happens this time I will save the game and send it to you. I have no idea at all about how computer games are constructed, but I would have thought something like this, which presumably happens to everyone reaching the play-offs in the Vanarama National League, would be easy for you to identify. It is not just specific to my game, is it? Not sure what happens in the Vanarama North and South and whether it is an issue there as well.