• Youth/reserve/other types competitions’ history not showing up in-game

Valentin1149
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hello, I had reported a bug here: 

but unfortunately instead of answers your team had incorrectly moved it to “France specific bugs”.

Youth, reserve and other types of competitions that are not main team leagues or cups that have history do not have their history showing up in-game.

Please acknowledge this issue that has been present for over 3 years and 3 editions of Football Manager. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, sorry for the late response.

This isn't a bug, it's intentional to not show past youth winners/history even if the editor data is filled in.

Reason being is having youth winners/history would add increase the size of the database.

Furthermore, reserve competitions are often changed, reformatted or scrapped.

Maintaining the additional data, would be very complicated to keep up to date.

Thank you for your answer. However, I find it very surprising and quite nonsensical to say the least.

« having youth winners/history would add increase the size of the database »

Could you please tell me how? The past winners data IS already present in the database, it is just not showing up.

If you meant the save game file size, again not an argument. New competitions winners are recorded 2022/2023 season onward.

« reserve competitions are often changed, reformatted or scrapped. »

I don’t see how this is relevant at all.

« maintaining the additional data, would be very complicated to keep up to date. »

Again, not relevant here as I am not asking for that. The data IS already in the database, it is just not showing up.

I truly believe this is a bug, and that it will just be ignored for further years to come like many many many more bugs.