• Home/away bias seems way too strong

george_nufc
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

After playing a number of seasons, I've noticed the home/away bias appears to be too strong in my opinion. I have one of the best squads in the world, I can breeze past pretty much any team at home, however in away games I often find myself losing/drawing the majority of my games, regardless of the opposition. Looking at the data over the course of my last season the home team won 52.1% of matches, whereas the away team only won 24.2% of matches.

Sky sports published an article showing home, away and draw % for the top 4 English divisions from 1888 to 2019. The data shows that home advantage has decreased over time and that home teams win approximately 44% of games, and away teams win approximately 30% of games (shown in link below).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11965547/sky-sports-bust-common-football-myths-home-advantage

Home advantage should increase the chance of a win by 14%, however my game currently has a figure of 27.9%, which is DOUBLE what I'd expect it to be. Surely this isn't a statistical anomaly?

image.thumb.png.f5d4d4fddb5e9fb8a9fc803f9f389e70.pngimage.thumb.png.8a15541bb9ee38b52c31edc92e28e4a0.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.