• No network connection - unable to join online game

JamboLad
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hello currently in game status is shows as ‘no network connection’

A group of us are unable to join our weekly game. 

is this an issue on our game or is there an issue in game? Not seen this on fm22 but we did see it last year once. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

What changed within the time period? Did you have someone additional join a bit later?

No, 3 of us was playing it yesterday evening, go to play it again this evening and was doing the same thing it did last time. Don’t know why it’s playing up again.

1 minute ago, Brads01 said:

No, 3 of us was playing it yesterday evening, go to play it again this evening and was doing the same thing it did last time. Don’t know why it’s playing up again.

Thanks for the additional info. The more info we have on the specific circumstances the easier it will be for the Dev team to investigate. I appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating, but I really appreciate your help with this, Thanks for your patience. 

Can those who are struggling please check their NAT status for me? You can see it through profile & system > settings > general > network settings.

if it's displaying that Double Nat has been detected please can you follow these steps from Microsoft to change this? Once that's been completed can you please try and resume playing your network saves and let us know how you get on?

5 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Can those who are struggling please check their NAT status for me? You can see it through profile & system > settings > general > network settings.

if it's displaying that Double Nat has been detected please can you follow these steps from Microsoft to change this? Once that's been completed can you please try and resume playing your network saves and let us know how you get on?

Is this through Xbox settings or FM settings?

On 09/12/2021 at 10:01, Desmond Richardson said:

Can you please confirm what devices you're all playing on?

Xbox game pass we’ve been screaming about this for a week now and instead you do minor updates to Nintendo switch while we’re sat here not being able to play for over a week now. Everyone’s the same and giving you answers and you keep asking questions. We cant get into the game weve probably tried every possible way to join, I’ve personally started a new save and tried to get my mates to join and nothing works so after a week of not being able to play and you lot still bringing out and update to fix things can you please JUST FIX THIS

1 hour ago, jackberkery1875 said:

Xbox game pass we’ve been screaming about this for a week now and instead you do minor updates to Nintendo switch while we’re sat here not being able to play for over a week now. Everyone’s the same and giving you answers and you keep asking questions. We cant get into the game weve probably tried every possible way to join, I’ve personally started a new save and tried to get my mates to join and nothing works so after a week of not being able to play and you lot still bringing out and update to fix things can you please JUST FIX THIS

Hi @jackberkery1875 - did you & your friends manage to check your NAT types? if it's displaying that Double Nat has been detected please can you follow these steps from Microsoft to change this? Once that's been completed can you please try and resume playing your network saves and let us know how you get on?

We're currently investigating the issue. So whilst it seems like we're asking the same questions over and over, the differing variables may and usually do play a massive part in helping us solve the issue. This isn't a simple case of it affecting every user. Some users are able to play freely, whilst others like yourself are sat frustrated not being able to play. We understand this is incredibly frustrating. We're trying to get this resolved as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience. 

2 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thank you. Did the others players who participate in your network check too?

I’ve had the same problem and we all checked but we all had “Open” NAT type

8 minutes ago, SamMUFC said:

I’ve had the same problem and we all checked but we all had “Open” NAT type

Thank you very much for checking this for us. All this data is being collated and fed back to the team working on this issue. I'll be in touch as soon as I have more info. Again - I must stress I do understand how frustrating this is. I play network / online games with my friends too - it's incredibly fun when everything is running smoothly. 

30 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thank you very much for checking this for us. All this data is being collated and fed back to the team working on this issue. I'll be in touch as soon as I have more info. Again - I must stress I do understand how frustrating this is. I play network / online games with my friends too - it's incredibly fun when everything is running smoothly. 

Thanks 👍

Are you at least working on a way to fix this because this has been a while for some people and nothings been done even when there was an update “fixing” things. Just don’t want to be left in the dark so some info would be appreciated 

Me and my mates have tried everything imaginable even changing our Xbox locations but got nothing. I see that others are having the same problem too. Other peoples are also working now but I beg that you don’t give up on trying to fix this because there is still a lot of us unable to play. For my save we have Scotland and England as our leagues and it’s only allowing 1 other player to join. We just got to the end of our first season with like 3 games left to play and then it stopped working and nothing changed on our part. We all checked our nat types like you told us too and they were all set to open. We also done the update and uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing appears to be working. Tried joining in different orders and even trying to start a new save but only 1 person can join still. Would appreciate it if we were kept updated and Miby given a time frame of when it’ll be fixed. Thanks

Me and my mates also having same issue on xbox one played 2 seasons about to start 1st league games of 3rd season is only letting myself (the host) and 1 other join the rest getting joining online game

On 16/12/2021 at 12:28, Desmond Richardson said:

Just get it fixed

On 17/12/2021 at 12:37, jackberkery1875 said:

Me and my mates have tried everything imaginable even changing our Xbox locations but got nothing. I see that others are having the same problem too. Other peoples are also working now but I beg that you don’t give up on trying to fix this because there is still a lot of us unable to play. For my save we have Scotland and England as our leagues and it’s only allowing 1 other player to join. We just got to the end of our first season with like 3 games left to play and then it stopped working and nothing changed on our part. We all checked our nat types like you told us too and they were all set to open. We also done the update and uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing appears to be working. Tried joining in different orders and even trying to start a new save but only 1 person can join still. Would appreciate it if we were kept updated and Miby given a time frame of when it’ll be fixed. Thanks

Thanks for confirming these additional details around your save. I can assure you we're not giving up on a fix. As I've mentioned previously on this thread it's intermittent. Meaning that you could log on today and it work, but try again a few hours later and it might not.

As an example - if the continue button wasn't working for everyone, it would be a pretty straight forward issue for us to investigate. This issue has a lot of moving parts including the element of people connections, servers, the game itself, and the fact it's not affecting every single user.

9 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks for confirming these additional details around your save. I can assure you we're not giving up on a fix. As I've mentioned previously on this thread it's intermittent. Meaning that you could log on today and it work, but try again a few hours later and it might not.

As an example - if the continue button wasn't working for everyone, it would be a pretty straight forward issue for us to investigate. This issue has a lot of moving parts including the element of people connections, servers, the game itself, and the fact it's not affecting every single user.

Hi I have been through the full thread and done everything you have suggested and nothing has worked!

We have all tried to be host and it will only let two of us in! we have all been in together as a two but wont allow a 3rd to join with 3 different hosts!

as mentioned above i have tried everything above and all NAT Types are open 

On 20/12/2021 at 19:50, nikogoodwin said:

Hi I have been through the full thread and done everything you have suggested and nothing has worked!

We have all tried to be host and it will only let two of us in! we have all been in together as a two but wont allow a 3rd to join with 3 different hosts!

as mentioned above i have tried everything above and all NAT Types are open 

Same for me and my mates sometimes it works and then sometimes it lets one of us join and for the other person it says joining online game for ages then says unable to connect to sever   

Thanks again for all the additional information. Unfortunately I still have no update as of yet. You will be the first to know once I have any additional info. We thank you for your patience.