• Players just returned from injury STILL being reported as the worst performer in training

MrPompey
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Issue: This has been around for multiple versions. When a player has just returned from injury he is INCORRECTLY being confirmed by the Ass Man has having the worst training performance.

When the game is doing this analysis all it needs to look at is the date a player returned from injury and compare it to game date. Those within a set window / period of historical time should be discounted

image.thumb.png.0cc7ada331fa819a628764878c8ee04a.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @MrPompey understand its frustrating for issues to continue across titles. Do you have a save game ideally from just before one of these news items pops in for you and then our QA team can investigate it further. 

@Michael Sant

Same here with Sean Raggett

21/12 injured for 4 weeks then rehabilitation

on 4/3/22 he's identified as the worst performer

Age to 4/3/22 from save Warren Jones - Portsmouth_FullStart (v09)_WJ

• SI Staff

Thanks for providing another save for us to look at. Aside from highly combative/controversial players though, I would expect that is providing something of an unintended advantage in that you can chastise the players and get them to perform/work harder as a result?

4 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for providing another save for us to look at. Aside from highly combative/controversial players though, I would expect that is providing something of an unintended advantage in that you can chastise the players and get them to perform/work harder as a result?

I dont understand what you are saying. Why do you want them to work harder, the whole idea of injury rehabilitation is that they take it easy and slowly build up training

You have a player coming back from injury going through rehabilitation and so doing limited training. FM is looking a training performance and finding players that are not training as hard because they are just back from injury??

The issue is that FM is not able to tell the difference between a player who has been injury free  and training poorly compared to a player that is recovering from injury and doing lighter training. Its clearly an FM issue in that the code is likely not looking at the player last injury date completed in the player data and taking this into account e.g. player last injury complete date plus 6 weeks is ignored from poor training review

I completely disagree with your statement. Look at it as if its real life. A player is just back from injury and so is undergoing light training to ensure / limit the chance of the same injury occurring. Happens all the time. If you then have a go at him for not training hard enough he will think you are off your rocker. This will also be the FM reason why the FM player gets upset

• SI Staff

Moved this to All Other Gameplay as they would pick up investigating this issue further. 

However, just for clarity my comment was based upon the way in which it would currently play-out in game. Most players won't challenge the assertion they have trained poorly, thereby providing an unintended benefit. I haven't looked to provide any commentary on a real life equivalency but I have since tested the situation you mentioned myself and indeed you can get a positive reaction from criticising these players which may also be something QA can look into further.

On 17/12/2021 at 20:42, Michael Sant said:

Moved this to All Other Gameplay as they would pick up investigating this issue further. 

However, just for clarity my comment was based upon the way in which it would currently play-out in game. Most players won't challenge the assertion they have trained poorly, thereby providing an unintended benefit. I haven't looked to provide any commentary on a real life equivalency but I have since tested the situation you mentioned myself and indeed you can get a positive reaction from criticising these players which may also be something QA can look into further.

I understand what your saying but I feel you miss the point.In my opinion a player returning from injury  should be excluded from the players being determined as the worst training performer for obvious reasons just the same way an injured player's AI should not count the injury and recovery period as matches they missed selection.

I would personally see any positive reaction in the event you state as an exploit and any negative reaction avoidable since no manager would have this type of conversation of training performance with an injured player. I would say its shortfall in the FM AI since if it did recognise that player was in rehabilitation then you would expect the news item to comment on the player not putting enough effort into his rehabilitation exercises....in my view :)