• Player Losing Nationality Progress

Jeter7256
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

In my save with Slough Town FC, I'm in the National League in England and due to Brexit, foreign players obviously need to get a work permit. I found an American player on trial named Devan Tanton who was about 150 days from gaining British nationality, and decided to take a risk and sign him with the knowledge that he would get nationality by the end of the season which would make him available for selection and a very important player for me. However, upon signing him he lost all ~1650 days he had spent in the UK, restarting all the way back at 0 days spent in the UK. I signed him while he was on trial (e.g. he never left the club and would have lost continuous status). Screenshots of his nationality status prior to signing and after signing are both attached below. This is an issue because it can significantly impact a player's ability to make signings which are appropriate for their club, as I never would have signed Tanton if I knew his nationality status would reset upon his signing with my club.

I also uploaded two save files to the OwnCloud from which these screenshots can be obtained. The files are named Tanton Pre Accepting and Tanton Post Signing to indicate the two states both prior to his arrival at my club and after his arrival at the club.

image.thumb.png.79c2b89468752b484a18eae6e1467040.pngimage.thumb.png.2756433d4b7a2145200a1a91a9ef2354.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      To reproduce this issue, someone would open up the Tanton Pre Accepting file and hit accept on the must respond inbox item. Once the contract is accepted, his nationality status resets. I have tested this multiple times and verified that it occurred each time for me.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments