• SPFL trust trophy bug

COYWThePatriot
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I think there is an issue with the SPFL trust trophy.

Not all Premiership teams start with the same development squads.

• Celtic and Rangers both start the game with B teams and U18 teams
    • Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Livingston, Ross county and St Mirren start the game with reserves and U18 teams
    • Dundee, Hibs, Aberdeen and St Jonhstone start with only U18

each clubs development squads compete in different competitions but on the 2nd of July every club appears to generate a new U21 squad which is to compete in the SPFL trust trophy which gets drawn on July 5th.

IRL each club enters a team into this competition under the guise of B teams these teams consist of players from development squads they already have not a new U21 team. 

It causes issues because at every staff meeting you start getting prompted to fill these extra staff roles which gets annoying pretty quickly and you just skip staff meetings. If i had to fill these roles to stop this from happening i am using up finances to fulfill potentially 1 fixture a season.

I think it just needs to be changed so that whatever development team each club has already, that's the team that participates in the competition.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 24/10/2021 at 17:45, Kyle Brown said:

We'll get this investigated and logged. Thank you for flagging. :) 

It seems the issue still exists. a new U21 squad is generated just to play in the SPFL trophy, potentially one fixture for a development team with no staff or players.

• Administrators

I'm afraid it didn't quite meet the deadline to be included in the main release update. We still have it with the developers, and as soon as a fix is ready, we'll look to implement it.