• Matches scheduled on Saturdays

F__W
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Am in my first season with Feyenoord, and see that all matches in Eredivisie from the 12th of February are being scheduled on Saturdays 14:30. This never happens in real life, schedules are generally set for teams to play on Friday/Saturday night (with the exception of the odd game played on Saturdays 16:30) or Sunday afternoon. 

Seems as if the default schedule before changes in the first half of the season is set on Sundays, whilst from February and onwards this is set on Saturdays instead. Also, all teams are playing at the same time which is extremely unrealistic.

Could this be a bug?

Added the files below to the cloud. The one called 'Feyenoord' is my actual save, the other one I started so that you have one before the schedule actually was set: 

• Feyenoord.fm
    • Testsave.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

These fixtures are what were provided to us by the Eredivisie as we have licensed fixtures within the league.

However, if there are set times that the matches should be played on the weekends could you please provide a source so we can investigate? :) 

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

These fixtures are what were provided to us by the Eredivisie as we have licensed fixtures within the league.

However, if there are set times that the matches should be played on the weekends could you please provide a source so we can investigate? :) 

Thank you for your swift reply. Weird that they communicated this - in all the years that I have followed the Eredivisie it did not happen once that all teams played on a Saturday afternoon 14:30.

Here is a link to the concept schedule for 21/22 released in August last year:

https://www.knvb.nl/downloads/bestand/25439/conceptprogramma-eredivisie-2021-22

From the moment that dates are missing, they are automatically set to Saturdays 14:30 on FM. As you can see in the previous schedule, however, teams usually play on: 

- Friday 20:00
    - Saturday 16:30, 18:45 and 20:00
    - Sunday 12:15, 14:30 and 16;45.

Because of TV rights, there have been quite some times added the last year, 16:45 on Sunday and 16:30 on Saturday are quite new. But 14:30 on a Saturday is not there (yet). 

See link below for fixtures and results and playing times in the Eredivisie round 22-32 this season: 

https://www.knvb.nl/downloads/bestand/26787/voorjaarsprogramma-eredivisie

Missed to mention that they even added playing times at 21:00 on Saturdays and 20:00 (which really blows but that is beside the point).