• Unreasonable loan demands

Vicente14
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Did a search, couldn't see a similar topic.

I've been playing a while as a lower league club that I got to the top flight but we're still not good compared to them so I rely on loan signings to fill out my squad and strengthen key areas.

Teams often list young players for loan to get experience. I go for them. Sometimes it's fine, they cover the wages and there's no fee. However a lot of the time they will demand I cover all the wages and pay a monthly fee and for a team with a transfer budget of 250k-2m that's a deal breaker.

As an example this summer I need a AMCR to upgrade/cover mine. I want Shola Shotire, again. It has usually goes one of two ways and both are unrealistic:

There's the usually acceptable "Your players suck" which is like.... not really but k I guess.... does it matter? I'm offering him a star role on my team and the league we're in is fine.

There's United accept no fee loan, Shola refuses saying we don't match his ambition or have enough standing..... this is... well it would make sense if I was trying to sign him but I'm not. I'm offering him first XI minutes which no matter how you slice it is going to be better than the United u23s. I'd understand if we were a vanarama side or whatever well below his level but at the time he was... he'd have been one of the best players in my side but not completely above the squad.

Then there's where I am now. We're in Ligue 1, 5th ranked league in the world, he is listed for loan to get minutes. I'm like "finally!".... United want me to cover all his 60k a week wages and pay a fee... even though I'm offering Star player minutes...

I'd get that if he wasn't listed but they WANT him to get minutes, NEED him to even.... so why am I covering all his wages? If I could cover them I'd be signing him in all likelihood OR he wouldn't be worth it because he'd be lower quality than most other 60k a week players. Meanwhile if I am United and list a guy for loan, at best I'm looking a getting 10% of the wages covered and no fee and they're squad players or something.

The other one I get has a good example. Joao Resende. I want to loan him, he tells me to F off, we suck.... not at his level. I'm like fine, go stay in Benfica's B team again and play inferior football for a team that even if you got into the 1st team wouldn't be in as good a league..... Something happens in the summer and I can *buy* him and he's more than happy to join... It seems completely backwards. And it happens all the time, so many players would rather sit in the reserves than play for me in a good league which is just silly, but a lot will also be open to a permanent move and that's extra ridiculous. Dane Scarlett spent 3 years in the reserves rather than play for me in Ligue 2 x2 and Ligue 1. Tried again this summer before I got Resende, he rejected me, he's currently in the u23s listed for loan and not registered for the 1st team. GG bro....

In all it just makes getting loans really difficult and unrealistic. I've never been able to get a good player on loan to play a key role, it's always been for squad depth, and when I've spent the last 3 seasons looking for a good first-choice striker and failing it's kind of... weird.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments