• Too many hard headers in the box and close to the keeper are caught casually rather than tipped/parried away

tarzanofmars
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

This feels like it is an unintended behavior because the rest of the new match engine is fantastic. I can't believe I finally could say that!

A lot of really cracking headers, many from right outside the 6 yard box, are caught nonchalantly by keepers with two hands over their head and their feet planted.

These close-in, non-looping headers should be popped up in the air, fisted away or one handed over the bar or back into play, not caught like a ball tossed to them.  Agile, quick reflex keepers should come off the ground to create energy to deflect them further away.

Some keepers should even be found rooted to the spot with such a high speed redirection of the ball essentially in their face.

It's one of those things that once noticed you start to realize how much it happens.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play a game on extended or comprehensive, I recommend to use wing play to see it more often for testing, even though I use other styles

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Let me add that they do tip over headers that are not directly at them and occasionally ones that are near them, but I have seen a lot that are really strong headers that are from close range that are caught over the head of the keeper while his feet are planted, as if they were gently tossed to the keeper, it looks funny.