• Touch Screen-friendly - long press to open drop down menu

jayedson
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

For FM21, when using a touch screen laptop (not tablet) and playing full version of FM, a long press on a menu would open the drop-down and I could select from the drop down options.

In the beta for FM22, I have to use the track pad and click to open a drop-down menu.

Hoping this will change for full release, thanks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi! I experience the same problem, none of the dropdown menu works on touch screen (surface pro 7), neither in beta nor in the final game. Tried already to change settings like going to windowed mode and back to full screen, changing zoom options, deleting cache, no change. Please review the issue as this makes the game unplayable on surface w/o external keypad, mouse etc. Thanks!

• Administrators
    2 hours ago, gwilheim said:

Hi! I experience the same problem, none of the dropdown menu works on touch screen (surface pro 7), neither in beta nor in the final game. Tried already to change settings like going to windowed mode and back to full screen, changing zoom options, deleting cache, no change. Please review the issue as this makes the game unplayable on surface w/o external keypad, mouse etc. Thanks!

As said above it's something the team are aware of and are investigating. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, antonselect said:

Hello. Is the problem fixed in patch 22.1.1? I have only the demo version, it has not been updated.

No, unfortunately it is not, tried, no luck.

Yeah, still an issue for me too but bit of a weird one now...

If I long press a sidebar item or in the squad view if I long press a player name for example, I get the sub-menu pop up, but for the screen links at the top, I get mixed results.

Testing just now, I was on a player screen and tried long pressing a couple of options at the top, eg: development, reports - and I actually got the pop-up menu.

Thought it was fixed, so tried in the squad screen and no luck.

Went back to a player screen and weirdly not working again.

Seems to be intermittent so not sure what is happening. The long presses are definitely registering, I get the circular response on my own touch screen and the FM top menu item gets a dark grey 'lowlight' registering some sort of contact but 90% of the time the sub menu doesn't open. Sidebar items open perfectly every time so don't think it is my machine / touch screen if that makes sense.

• Administrators

Is an issue we're very much aware of and are looking into. Seems to be slightly different depending on the device, but if you do have the functionality to run through a mouse or keyboard with a trackpad, we'd suggest doing so for the time-being.

Thanks.