• Game Crashing on MacBook Air

ryanwinslade1985
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Game crashes, mainly during loading time between days. Causes laptop to restart. 

MacBook Air, purchase around Nov 2020. Intel Chip.

There doesn't seem to be an exact situation where this happens, it's normally about playing for 30-45 minutes.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

If you are reproducing this crash can you please click "Send Report" on the dialog that appears after FM crashes, please. Then we can take a look internally at this and advise. Thanks. 

MacBook Air (Retina, 13 polegadas, 2020) 1,1 GHz Intel Core i5 de núcleo quádruplo 8 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

After I updated my MacBook to the new version macOS Monterey 12.0., my game also gets stuck, then the screen goes black and finally logs me out. This only happens after the update because before the update I played version 2021 and none of this happened.

On 14/11/2021 at 00:29, Lucas said:

If you are reproducing this crash can you please click "Send Report" on the dialog that appears after FM crashes, please. Then we can take a look internally at this and advise. Thanks. 

There isn't a 'send report' or any pop up box after it happens.

Il 11/11/2021 in 10:14 , Lucas ha scritto:

Please answer with the following, if you haven't already: 

The name of your Mac and model

Your OS Build number

Both can be found in "About this Mac", from the Apple Menu. 

Many thanks

Hello everybody, I have the same issue with MacOS Monterey and FM20. The game crashes after few minutes and the computer restarts. No way to fix it, no error report. It's very frustrating. 

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 - MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)

2 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core

16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Thank you for the support

I am also having a problem with FM22. 

I have recently bought a new MacBook Air 2020. FM22 freezes when I am in a match and someone gets injured and needs to be subbed. The game then stops and logs me out of my MacBook. This has happened a few times.

I have played FM22 on my old MacBook Pro 2015 (which is running macOS Big Sur) and the game is fine. I also tried playing FM21 on my new MacBook Air and there is no crashing, however there is the ocassional freeze when it jumps to a goal replay. 

My new MacBook Air is running macOS Monterey, so I guess that this could be the problem. 

MacBook Air details:

MacBook Air 2020 - 13-inch (macOS Monterey 12.0.1)

1.1GHz dual core Intel i3

8GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X Memory

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

I really hope this can be fixed because this is making the game unplayable. 

Edited by RooneyRegen10

On 16/11/2021 at 15:50, Lucas said:

If you are experiencing any issues on the latest hotfix, can you please raise a support ticket: https://support.sega.com/hc/requests/new

Thanks.

All the troubleshooting steps I find to these crashes happen to tell to delete Cache folder. In my case, it was called Cashes. Could it be that after the Monterey updated it somehow changed its name and whenever game tries to remove the cache, it doesn't find Cache folder and that folder just gets bigger until the PC cannot write to it anymore and crashes? Because I saw some conference cache files, meetings etc. in there and that is when my Mac crashes almost always. Either in the press conference, checking scouting reports or in the meetings. Most of the time, when I try to leave them or back out of them. Could be a good place to start checking? As I checked Crash Diagnostics of the Mac, there were some lines with similar wording to cannot write.... just before the crash.

Just tired playing and it normally would crash during a game. Got through the game however crashed when changing the training. Like everyone else its black screen and then logs me out of the laptop. Got the Macbook Air like everyone else

Not fixed at all. Still the same issue exactly as everyone else describes.

It is November 18 and I'm still not able to play FM22. Very disappointing to be honest.

This is also happening for myself on a MacBook Pro 2020 running Monterey 12.0.1. When I re-enter the Epic Games Launcher, FM22 is still showing as running and I can't access it. Anyone found a successful work around? 

Just another one to add to the list. Played FM22 for a couple of weeks with no issues. Upgraded my Mac to Monterey and started having issues of random crashes. Seems to just happen randomly for me, no set pattern to it. I've opened a ticket with support so will update if I get any info which solves the issue.

My specs:

MacBook Air 2020 

Intel Core i5 1.1 GHz Quad Core

8GB Ram

Intel Iris Plus Graphics

On 21/11/2021 at 20:31, thanosgcool said:

this is still happening.. Has anyone found a fix or a way to bypass the problem ?

Nope. November 23 and still not able to play FM22 properly.

It has been 7 days since last admin update in this thread. Hopefully we are not forgotten.

• Administrators
    1 minute ago, BorelliBB said:

It has been 7 days since last admin update in this thread. Hopefully we are not forgotten.

You are not. We are investigating this issue internally and trying to reproduce the issue for ourselves. This is critical for us to be able to resolve the issue, and so far we are not seeing the issues described as mentioned in this thread that would be specific to particular Mac models and systems. 

This unfortunately, may take some time to get to the bottom of what is happening, why it is happening and why only on particular setups we don't currently have ourselves. 

Our crash and technical support is now through dedicated tickets at the SEGA Support post release, and if you're able to help by reporting your issues there that will greatly help us: 

• What Mac model and system do you have
    • What OS did you have prior to upgrading to Monterey
    • Are you a user with access to Apple Developer builds (pre-releases of macOS updates)?
    • Are you able to find and identify any crash dumps or uploads.log file in the Application Support / Football Manager 2022 / crash dumps folder?
    • What is the nature of the "crashes" you're experiencing? Is it possible to describe what is happening prior to the crashes, to when it happens? Are you able to provide video capture?
    • Are you using custom graphics, skins, editor files when the game is crashing?
    • Does a crash always reproduce exactly, from save?

As this forum is now closed, we'd invite you to either:

Thanks,

Lucas

This is now closed for further comments