• Board and players act like I got relegated, while I came 2nd

boukebuffel
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Greetings!

So I finished 2nd in the Sky Bet Championship, earning a promotion to the Premier League. I get all the mails and new budget and such that correspond with that, so everything is looking good so far. But on June 25th (2023), the board sacks me, saying that I got relegated from Sky Bet Championship. Also a player who I signed with the promise of qualifying for continental football in 2024/2025, is angry for promises not being kept. 

Potentially related details:
    - I don't have the editor (thus didn't use it), I don't use any mods or skin or datapacks.
    - halfway through the 2nd season, I added a bunch of leagues to the database as playable. Obviously those leagues don't get added straight away and get added somewhere in between 2nd and 3rd season. I figured I would mention this even though it most likely doesn't matter

I just wanted to report this bug but also ask if there is some way for me to dodge this bug / repair my savegame? My dreams of seeing AFC Wimbledon in the Premier League are shattered :(

• Steps To Reproduce:
      I have prepared a savegame that brings you to 1 day before the sack, but the savefile is 88mb so I can't upload it to Owncloud.. In that savegame you can see I'm in the sky bet championship at that time, and the day after, Wimbledon is in the Premier League, but I got sacked.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update:

I toyed around abit and noticed that after June 25th, the English leagues aren't loaded and I think that might be causing this bug.

So what happened is that I started the game with the top 3 English leagues loaded as playable. Somewhere early in the 2nd season, I manually added leagues of 9 nations after having watched a video explaining the benefits of having more playable leagues in your savegame. I think I tried to change something in the English leagues aswell, because I got promoted two times and didn't need the lower leagues anymore. My memories aren't 100% clear on what I did there, but what you can see in the screenshot that I will include in this comment, is that before I made the changes to the leagues, I had the top 3 English leagues loaded as playable. You can see that in the 'Snipping Tool' window in the center of this screenshot. The screenshot itself is what I see before June 25th. You'll notice that there are no actual changes in the English leagues part.. I had the 3 topleagues loaded, and in the 3rd season would also be loading the top 3 leagues. Nothing should change there, but still it says 'from 25/6/2023' which is kind of odd. Maybe this is what's causing the problem? No idea.

So to be clear, after June 25th, I can't add a new manager and play in any English league, because they aren't loaded even though the 'add/remove leagues' menu shows they should get loaded.

add-remove leagues bug.png

Hi, 

I uploaded the savefile now using your link. It uploaded, but then nothing really happens other than the webpage indicating that the file was uploaded and displaying the filename (Wimbledon Season 2 into 3 Bug.fm).

I don't remember exactly what error it gave when I tried to upload it when I started this thread, but it was a clearly mentioned file size restriction that was preventing me from uploading the file. Don't know if it helps, but the comment I am writing now also has filesize restriction of 9.77 mb mentioned.

Can you see/find the 'Wimbledon Season 2 into 3 Bug.fm' file now in the cloud? I hope that helps

• Administrators

We've got the save file in the Cloud - we've got it under review!

Really sorry you never got an acknowledgement until now, seems it slipped down the list on the sub-section.