• Team Statistics Inconsistencies

mhaffy
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Was looking at the Premier League Detailed Team Statistics at end of 21/22 season and there seem to be several inconsistencies in data collation of the statistics produced by the Full Match Engine (detail for Premier League set to All Competitive Matches):

1) Headers Won % - I would expect the average Headers Won % to be 50% as in real world stats; if someone wins a header then someone else has lost the header. The average Headers Won % shown by FM22 FME for 21/22 season was 66% with the poorest team in Premier League winning 60% of their headers. This surely has to be an error that presumably may have knock on effect to players stats....

2) xG For of 1021.04 differs to xG Against 1018.02....

3) Possession Lost at 63,898 over the full season is very different to Possession Won 55,979...... Seems strange...possibly reflects teams losing possession unchallenged.....?

All above issues existed in FM21 too....

I have uploaded pkm file : BetaStatsFME.fm

Collated extracts from Detailed Team Statistics are as follows, with spreadsheet also attached:

image.thumb.jpeg.f595f78ddd3404a917fb816a419b8510.jpeg

FM22BetaFME.xlsx

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just spotted type on xG Against. Burnley is 69.79 rather than 66.79 in above spreadsheet. Corrected Total xG Against is 1,021.02 Versus total xG For of 1,021.04. difference probably just some form of rounding error.

Further to above results for Full Match Engine stats, I ran the same base file so that all Premier League Matches were simulated using the Quick Match Engine.

Results for QME:

1) Headers Won % - I would expect the average Headers Won % to be 50% as in real world stats; if someone wins a header then someone else has lost the header. The average Headers Won % shown by FM22 QME for 21/22 season was 49% (actually 49.5% to 1 dp). This would appear to be some form of rounding issue unlike the 66% average produced by the FME above which needs to be corrected.

2) xG For of 983.63 differs to xG Against 983.62 - likely to be some form of rounding difference.

3) Possession Lost at 89,043 over the full season is very different to Possession Won 71,522...... Seems strange...possibly reflects teams losing possession unchallenged.....?

I have uploaded pkm file : BetaStatsQME.fm

Collated extracts from Detailed Team Statistics for QME are as follows, with spreadsheet also attached:

image.thumb.jpeg.eaf492becb0fe2a86e8bc8527fa55299.jpeg

FM22BetaQME.xlsx