• Full Match Engine (FME) and Quick Match Engine (QME) Statistics

mhaffy
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

For players who like immersion and use statistics when scouting/comparing players it is vital that the FME and QME give similar results so that such searches are not rendered useless. (I doubt if many people have computers powerful enough to be able to set the detail level such that the FME is used for their whole database; thus ensuring that all their statistics based player searches/comparison are consistent.)

I ran a full season test of the Premier League using the FME and then using the QME on the same base file. The Detailed Team Statistics for each team plus certain Player Statistics, only available for 20 players, were then collated in a spreadsheet for comparison purposes with "Real World" equivalents added where possible. I ran similar tests for FM21 and FM22 Beta to highlight discrepancies and provide detailed feedback and backup files to SI via Bug Tracker. The spreadsheet results are shown below with FME versus QME comments shown in Blue and comments relating to "Real World" equivalents shown in Green. For game purposes it is the output of FME versus QME that matters, partucularly for scouting/players comparison purposes, with close alignment to the "Real World" equivalents being the icing on the cake.

The changes to this years FME and QME, per my Beta tests, showed improvements in lots of areas versus the situation in FM21, including versus "Real World" equivalents but that there were still areas that needed addressing.

The updated test following full game release indicates changes, particularly to FME stats, since the Beta but the overall conclusions and issues remain exactly the same:

Main areas FME versus QME are:

1) Passes Completed and Passes spread (difference between Max and Min) are too low in the QME (Both FME and QME significantly different to "Real World" equivalents). I understand that SI are fully aware of the issues around passing and the very high pass completion %, but advise that fixes also need to ensure that the game balance is not affected. Hopefully SI investigations will find a solution that does not adversely impact overall game balance for FM22.

2) Corner goals, and spread are far higher in FME.

3) FME Average Crosses are too high versus QME (both far too high versus "Real World")

4) Clear cut chances using FME are significantly higher than QME.

5) Possession Lost and Possession Won are very different. FME too low or QME too high.

6) Tackles too low in QME

7) Clearances and Interceptions very different (all too high versus "Real World", particularly FME)

8) Player Key Passes and Key Passes/90 Mins very different.

Many thanks to FM staff for the work on improving a lot of the stats issues that were reported in FM21 and for work since the Beta; I am looking forward to further strides and improved consistency/comparability in FM22 patches/updates in the not too distant future.

The following files on which the test is based, have been uploaded : StatsFME.fm   StatsQME.fm

The collated stats extracts are and follows with the full detailed spreadsheet, showing equivalent FM22 beta and FM21.4 test results, also attached:

image.thumb.jpeg.8fb8b131e83322a66f3511a7f97de1b9.jpeg

FM22_FMEvQMETest.xlsx

User Feedback

Recommended Comments