• Creative Freedom dropping to below half as soon as i go off tactics screen

Sionmarsh
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Title is pretty much it. My creative freedom has been at fluid/accomplished in my tactics screen. If i sim to the next day or even click on my inbox or another page it falls to competent or awkward every time.  Not only that but when it falls to below half, changing my tactics again doesn't restore it or anything and I can't get it back to accomplished/fluid. 

Just confused as I have made no changes to my tactics and it keeps happening and it is really starting to affect my gameplay. Has anyone else experienced this or is there an easy fix that I'm missing? 

I've uploaded a save too. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The other link didn't work. Here is a video of what I mean. Apologies for poor quality but if you look at creative freedom it drops for no reason. 

Don't even need to leave the tactics screen, something as simple as clicking player instructions or the in transition option will make creative drop. 

Edited by Sionmarsh

14 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

What's the file name of the save game you've uploaded @Sionmarsh?

Made two new saves on the game, glitch happening almost instantly now. Unplayable. Losing game after game after game. Started with Man City with a fluid freedom and immediately dropping to awkward for no reason. Game is unplayable. 

On 04/01/2022 at 14:36, Kyle Brown said:

We'll get this investigated as quick as we can, thank you for raising it. :) 

Thank you guys, really appreciate it! Such a strange bug to experience - I play on a MacBook if that affects your diagnostics I don't know. @Michael Sant @Kyle Brown

• Administrators

Do you happen to have a save file prior to the issue occurring  - ie, when Creative Freedom level is at 'accomplished'? The one you provided shows the team is already at 'competent'. 

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do you happen to have a save file prior to the issue occurring  - ie, when Creative Freedom level is at 'accomplished'? The one you provided shows the team is already at 'competent'. 

I can have a look but I don't think I do anymore think I saved it once it became competent, will have a look to see if there is one

On 10/01/2022 at 11:55, Kyle Brown said:

No problem, just keep us updated either way!

Is there anything that can be done on my end to fix this issue? or have you found anything to explain why it happens? @Kyle Brown I don't have a save prior to it becoming competent. 

• SI Staff

Without a save before the drop we're in a situation where we don't have anything tangible to investigate. It's something that may emerge in our own internal tests and then it would be investigated further there but with issues like this then it does slow down progress considerably. 

Over the time since then has the teams familiarity with the creative freedom increased again?

19 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Without a save before the drop we're in a situation where we don't have anything tangible to investigate. It's something that may emerge in our own internal tests and then it would be investigated further there but with issues like this then it does slow down progress considerably. 

Over the time since then has the teams familiarity with the creative freedom increased again?

It does rise again but it takes several months in-game to get back to accomplished. I can start a new save and sim through until it happens and keep a save prior to it happening and one after.