• Interface Issue.

Showoffrob
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Dear FM24 Touch Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concerns regarding the new interface introduced in FM24. While I understand the need for innovation and improvement, I must admit that the current interface has been a source of frustration for many players, myself included.

The new interface, unfortunately, has proven to be a total disaster. It is riddled with simple yet frustrating bugs that greatly hinder the overall gaming experience. These bugs range from minor inconveniences to major obstacles that impede our ability to fully enjoy the game. It is disheartening to know that these issues will not be addressed until the release of FM25.

In light of this situation, I would like to propose a solution. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with the option to select between the new and old interface from FM23. By doing so, players who are dissatisfied with the current interface could revert to the previous version, which was more stable and reliable. This would allow us to continue enjoying the game without the frustration caused by the new interface.

Alternatively, if implementing this option is not feasible, I kindly request that you prioritize fixing the bugs in the new interface as soon as possible. While I understand that development resources may be limited, addressing these issues would greatly enhance the overall gaming experience for all players.

I believe that by offering the choice between the old and new interface or by promptly fixing the bugs, you would demonstrate your commitment to providing a high-quality gaming experience. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated by the dedicated community of FM Touch players who have been eagerly anticipating improvements in the interface.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to seeing positive changes in the upcoming FM25 Touch release.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Showoffrob - Thank you for providing the above.

To give some additional context, the changes we made for 24 were in direct response to the feedback we received from the UI on 23 and how difficult the title was to navigate. Based on this feedback we made changes to increase the size of buttons for navigation purposes as much as possible. 

In terms of having a toggleable UI, due to the time that would need to be invested into making this possible it just wouldn't be possible in the time frame. Also, this would seriously impact the plans for the development of the UI as a whole as we'd be working with 2 different User Interfaces that could be impacting/creating bugs in 2 different ways, therefore making it harder to fix anything that may arise. However, when the game moves to FM25 we are bringing some significant changes to the Touch platform with Unity.

This said, what I do ask is that I capture all the information possible about the issues you are experiencing with the new overlay so that I can get it in front of the devs. Therefore, can I ask that you report all the good and bad you (and others reading this thread) are encountering with the UI in this thread with as much detail as possible? Even if you think it is a very minor issue, please don't be concerned by that. This will help us when it comes to working on the UI in the future.

Finally, I am continuing to collate all this feedback and ensuring this is getting to the dev teams.