• FM Touch 24 freezing at “Players Warming Up” screen each game.

JonathanHackettArt
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I am playing FM Touch 24 on my M2 iPad 12.9. I am into my forth season that up until this point has had no issues, but half way through season 4 (around February 2027 in game) I have began experiencing my game freeze each time I reach the “Players warming up” screen before a game The game never crashes and closes itself, however it will stay on this “Players warming up” screen indefinitely.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, however this hasn’t solved the issue.

I have tried going on Holiday to skip the next match and just moving on from there, however the same freeze happens at the subsequent game.

During the first 3 seasons I had experienced no such issue and up until February of this season I had also experienced no issues.

I am unable to submit a save file as I only have the iPad and no Mac, PC or laptop and it seems I am unable to access my Save Game File without connecting the iPad to one of those. Below is the exact screen the game freezes at.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We've had a similar report of this so it would be good to grab some additional information.

Are you able to provide:

• The leagues and nations selected (if you can remember when you started the save)
    • The team you are currently managing.

34 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

We've had a similar report of this so it would be good to grab some additional information.

Are you able to provide:

• The leagues and nations selected (if you can remember when you started the save)
    • The team you are currently managing.

Absolutely. 

I have Northern Ireland (all available leagues), England (all available leagues), Spain (all available leagues) and Italy (All available leagues).

Currently managing Armagh City, have managed them from the beginning of the game.

Great, thank you for this info!

The team has been able to successfully reproduce this and is now in the process of creating a fix. This will come as part of a future update :) 

If you can, can you also follow these steps to see if it still happens to aid our testing:

• Launch the game with an internet connection
    • Start a new save slot
    • The game asks to Save progress during the onboarding process
    • Select Cloud location to save
    • Quit the game and turn off the internet connection
    • Relaunch the game and see if the crash occurs (It should)

On 10/01/2024 at 09:37, Dan Sheppard said:

Great, thank you for this info!

The team has been able to successfully reproduce this and is now in the process of creating a fix. This will come as part of a future update :) 

If you can, can you also follow these steps to see if it still happens to aid our testing:

• Launch the game with an internet connection
    • Start a new save slot
    • The game asks to Save progress during the onboarding process
    • Select Cloud location to save
    • Quit the game and turn off the internet connection
    • Relaunch the game and see if the crash occurs (It should)

Sorry for the late reply.

Just went through these steps and can confirm that the crash did indeed happen again.

4 hours ago, JonathanHackettArt said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Just went through these steps and can confirm that the crash did indeed happen again.

Thank you, I'll pass this info on to QA :) 

No problem.

Is there anywhere I can keep an eye on to be notified when an update to solve the issue is available?

As you might imagine, I’m eager to get back to the game. 

Not from a public viewpoint, unfortunately.

I'll continue to check in and if you haven't heard and want a further update, just drop me a DM or tag me in this thread.

On 16/01/2024 at 14:17, Dan Sheppard said:

Not from a public viewpoint, unfortunately.

I'll continue to check in and if you haven't heard and want a further update, just drop me a DM or tag me in this thread.

Just checking back to see if there was any update on the issue? 

Unfortunately due to not having FM to play I’ve been extremely productive with work and attentive to my friends and family and it’s becoming a real problem.

The sooner I can get back to forsaking everything except my team and wearing a suit at the kitchen table for a cup final the better.

Thanks.

:lol: - This made me chuckle, despite knowing that a suit at the table for finals day is very common in this community.

As for the issue, I can see it's been locked in for our next update. As for dates, I don't have anything firm to share but it is likely to land during next month.

On 22/01/2024 at 16:59, Dan Sheppard said:

:lol: - This made me chuckle, despite knowing that a suit at the table for finals day is very common in this community.

As for the issue, I can see it's been locked in for our next update. As for dates, I don't have anything firm to share but it is likely to land during next month.

Just checking back to see if you had any idea when this month the update will be available?