• Unable to Sign Domestic Players (Japan)

MaverickLegend
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Travis Gibson - Fukushima (Problem Save) Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Came across a weird issue and haven't found the problem. Tried looking to see if others had it as well but I see nothing.

Oddly enough this problem wasn't present last week in an older save.

Loaded a new save in Japan J3. I can sign any unattached player as long as they're not Japanese, however I cannot sign any domestic Japanese players. The AI can sign Japanese players though.

Usually there would be a "Approach to Sign" option, but in the screenshots you can see it doesn't exist.

Clicking onto the players profile, the game wants me to make a transfer offer to a Free Agent player, so something seems wrong.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I went back to a Beta save and tried to see if it was an issue there. It wasn't as you can see in the screenshot I would have been able to "Approach to Sign"

Edit: Went back in and tried to see if it was an issue with other leagues. I've one seen this problem in the Japan leagues (J1, J2, and J3)

Edit 2: More testing, because why not. This issue may be confined to the starting unattached players. I released Ogasawara through the Editor and was given the option to approach to sign like normal. Simmed ahead a year in the future to see what happens to other released players, and I was able to sign them

FM4.png

FM5.png

Edited by MaverickLegend

Had this issue as well when I was starting my save. I was able to bring a domestic free agent in on trial but was unable to sign him and lost him to another team in the J3.

Kept allowing me to "approach to Sign" then would say I need to make an offer to the team. 

I have the same issue. I don't even get the "Approach To Sign" option.
    I also just started a new save in J3

Edited by 弾

Did a bit of testing, it seems to be limited to the newgen players created in Japan at the start of a save. With default settings for a J league 3 start, large db and player count of ~40k, the only free agents in Japan were 35 generated players. None of these can be approached.

When starting on the your world mode, Japan has some real free agents (I assume ones who now have clubs in real life). In this case both the Japanese and other nationality players can be approached. I still found 2 generated players on this mode that could not be approached. 

So the issue seems to be 2 things:

1. Japan has no real player free agents (I don't know if this is a licensing thing rather than a bug?)

2. The generated free agents can't be signed by the player.

Same here. Started a J3 team save earlier this week. Unable to sign any free agents/ unattached domestic Japanese players, but AI (Football Director) can and suggested some new found free agents. I found 2 free agents for trial and unable to sign them only foreign players can.  

Interesting enough I found another example of this bug, but it's not confined to Japanese players.

There was a Costa Rican newgen that was created for a team in Non-League Japan, so he played out his first season with them under contract. I tried signing him when he became a Free Agent and I got the same bug with the other Japanese Newgens as mentioned above.

Seems like it's a problem with all generated players based in Japan (Japanese or Forgien)