• Scouting (Recruitment focuses) doesn't work

zeza
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Scouting Glitch Save File Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hey there! Been playing for 200ish hours already and scouting doesn't seem to work for me.

I've loaded all leagues, detail level set at Continental, database players set as almost every option at every continent. 

So when I try to scout for 15-23 (Age), 5* Gray CA, 3* PA, my scouts doesn't seem to find ANYONE in ANY country. I'm attaching the game file as well as some screenshoots proving that I'm scouting a lot of countries at the same time.

image.png.6579a3588951821b88c149d8959b8366.png

image.png.2d3ca74733675e108066788ad5930016.pngimage.png.8b491e1101a799e239e1a04105e1ab67.png

image.png.43e6f8bb5cb698ab99c83bec2ea5e0a4.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Em 16/03/2024 em 16:25, wazzaflow10 disse:

if you're scouting "any" (again meaning world - or in Sunderland's case all available regions board allows you to scout) area

I only had the English package, so that's why it happened to only find English teams players'.

2 hours ago, zeza said:

I only had the English package, so that's why it happened to only find English teams players'.

Sure I figured that. But for a global team "any" would be the entire world. That seems horribly inefficient and a good way to overwork scouts and/or not get good coverage.

A good test would be if there's a difference between any and England (or UK not sure which) for that save. In theory there shouldn't be.

Just an example of how blind we are with the current scouting "rules". He wouldn't show up at all until he's 18 and "interested". I'm not asking that we be able to sign 16 year olds to precontracts, just want to know what players exist via scouting whether they're 16 or 35.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/manchester-city/2024/03/18/65f85e61e2704ef7218b4567.html

I know there's no 14 year olds in the game but if big teams are tracking young players this early there's no reason we shouldn't be getting scouting reports either for older, established players. Obviously there should be a very, very wide unknown PA factor for someone so young.

Still no updates on this? In these last 5 months I started careers with Lyon and N.E.C. Both scouting worked fine. I now tried another save with Juventus for the 5th time. I have 11 different scouts to different regions of which they have knowledge. The only demands I added to the focuses are age between 15 and 27, 1 gold star current level and 1 gold star potential level. I have had 0 recommendations in the first 7 months of the career.