• Saudi Club with only 3 real players "stronger squad" than Champ Lg team?

nms1987
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.06.22.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Just had an 18 year old South African center back sign for a Saudi club instead of my perennial Europa/Champions League Spanish squad for the reason that "he feels their squad is much stronger."

My club was 4th in La Liga last season, so we'll be in the Champions qualifying playoff.  The Saudi league is unloaded, but they don't appear to be in any Asian competition.  The Saudi squad only has 3 actual players, the others are all grayed out ghost players.  They have a 2.5 reputation vs my 3.5 rep.

Very unrealistically for Saudi vs Europe he is going to be making less than 10% more in salary with them than me.

Sorry to be a leaky faucet, as always I'm not really worried about my team or save.  I can find another center back, I am more curious/worried how the game is coming to these conclusions and wanted to bring this to your attention.

I wouldn't have thought twice if he had signed with them for money or better path to the first team, but he's not getting paid much more and didn't mention path to first team football as a reason and I'm at a loss in trying to figure out how the game views this mostly ghost player Saudi team as better than a Champions league squad?  Maybe those 3 real players they have are strong and so their average actual player is stronger than mine (if you figure my "average" is being brought down by youth and B teamers)?  I hope thats not it, wouldn't really make sense

Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.06.22.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

We would need a save file from before the transfer happened to take a closer look. 

It's possible the player just liked the move to Saudi for long term money and the wrong reason displayed.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We would need a save file from before the transfer happened to take a closer look. 

It's possible the player just liked the move to Saudi for long term money and the wrong reason displayed.

Which also feels like an issue that should be addressed if the game isn't capable of displaying correct reasons for things IMO.  Like with the issue on playing time displayed, why have the game say anything at all if it can't be correct?

Try file Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.06.19setfornewseason.fm