• Player with dual citizenship appears to be non EU player / can't register him as a first non EU player in my squad - Serie A

Krzysztoff
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Catanzaro2.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Hey,

in 2025 I got promoted to Serie A in my Catanzaro save. I made an offer to loan Reinier from Real Madrid, which was accepted (save is being attached at this moment) and few days later he's about to join my team. However, I can't register him, although Reinier has spanish citizenship. What's more - I have never had any other non EU player in my squad and from what I understood in Serie A rules, I should be able to transfer one non EU. I made a try to sign another non EU player and I was able to register him. Are loans not falling into this rule? Even so, Reinier shouldn't be treated as EU player due to dual citizenship? I thought that maybe he got citizenship recently, but no, in my old save from january 2025 he already has it.

Could you investigate please and let me know your thoughts?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've written: "from what I understood in Serie A rules, I should be able to transfer one non EU." - I did believed so (in fact, three non EU), because there's horribly confusing typo in polish language version of the game, which i'm using, I just switched to english version to attach screenshots. In polish version it doesn't say how many you can actually register, there's numeral missing.

ita_rules4.png

Hi, did you come up with any explanation to why Reinier second nationality as loan player does not count as EU player in Serie A registration?

Edited by ArmasJuva

Same Player and same issue for me. Reinier has spanish and brazilian citizenship but can not be registered because he counts as non eu player despite spanish citizenship

In my Turkish save, I had a german youngester whose second nationality is Turkish and he was not counted as a foreign however couple of seasons in the game and now he is foreigner, how is it possible, an ideas?