• European 'group stage' transfer clauses

Jaggra
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Hundreds of preset transfer clauses are now defunct due to the reformatting of the Champions, Europa and Europa Conference Leagues. Under the category of 'Competition Bonus' in transfer clauses, this applies to: 'Team X will be due £X if Team Y reach the Group Stage of the Competition X".

As an example, this applies to the likes of Caicedo, Lavia, Chukwuemeka, Madueke, Mudryk, Palmer and Sanchez for Chelsea, who save around £10m on clauses that cannot be activated on a technicality.

This isn't a beta bug per se as this was a minor issue in FM23 too. We've now reached a point where at the game's starting date, it is already impossible to qualify for the traditional 'group stages' in Europe, with season two transitioning to the 'League Phase'. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for this report, @Jaggra.  Following investigation, the coding team tell me that the game should be implementing payments based upon the fulfilment of "reach group stage" clauses as if they were "reach league phase" clauses. 

On 24/10/2023 at 12:27, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks for this report, @Jaggra.  Following investigation, the coding team tell me that the game should be implementing payments based upon the fulfilment of "reach group stage" clauses as if they were "reach league phase" clauses. 

Is this implemented? And if yes, when? I created a game on Nov-29 and I still have the issue that I didn't get the clause payed out by Chelsea, as they reached CL League Phase in the 2nd season.