• Club isn't paying me despite going pro

madscherano
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I'm currently a couple seasons into a save where I've taken a Serie E/Eccellenza (amateur) team into Serie B (professional), and despite my finances being decent, and currently in the plus, the club refuses to actually pay me when offering me contracts. They offer me yearly wage raises and other clauses but they're effectively useless because the base salary is 0, and it will not let me increase it. Every year I refuse to extend until a week before the expiration date, and then extend for a single year. 

This is by no means game-breaking, but I find it really silly. In theory I guess it's a good thing that the club is saving money and spending it elsewhere, but it really goes against the realism of the save, and could potentially put me in a rough spot if results don't go my way, as they can fire me for nothing. I really don't want to run out my contract and MAYBE get the chance to sign for them again, or have to resign and add a new manager. Dunno if this is some amateur status "don't pay managers" option that hasn't been changed during the team's ascent up the pyramid.

I'm also aware that the save is built on the foundation of a fan-made data update, but I fail to see how that's at fault. I've done similar saves in the past but never had this problem before, and I've had little success finding similar problems elsewhere online.

I Will post a pic of the next contract offer when it comes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi, this is most likely occurring because of your mentioned custom database, if you upload your save file we can take a closer look.

I have the same starting from Prima Categoria. Is it something that can be solved with the editor?

Also, can you offert long contracts to players/staff? I can only offer 6-12 months contracts...