• Cannot terminate staff contracts / cannot sign international staff / player values broken

KaizenFM
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Joe Hirst - Pentagon Challenge Real Madrid.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Since the latest update, I am unable to terminate staff contracts. I have several staff contracts that are on month to month contracts now. I have just gone through and organised staff contracts for a heap of new scouts, DOF, etc. However, I am unable to terminate the existing staff contracts to allow me to bring these new staff in. This did not happen to me on this save prior to the last update, so may be coincidental or related.

I also am unable to offer any international staff positions. When I offer someone a position via the "Offer spain job" button via contract, it does nothing.

Also, I believe this edition of FM has bugged/poor coding of player values. It was initially told to me that this was due to me managing in smaller nations and that the game is coded to prevent values blowing up for nations such as Argentina. I am now managing Real Madrid, yet players for my team barely rise in value, despite winning major awards, such as FIFA mens player. Comparing to other teams, who have player values in the mid 100 millions, despite in no way performing in a comparable manner. It would be great to be able to understand why players for other teams in the save have such high values compared to some of my players; I understand there are a myriad of factors, but I am still struggling to understand why some of my player values remain so much lower than the rest of the market when I do a comparability analysis via scouting. The fluctuations in values do not make sense to me and do not seem consistent.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After playing around a bit, I am able to get the international staff position offered. It has produced the message to say a role has been offered as an inbox item, but this was previously also not working but has started working now.

I will continue to try and terminate contracts and will report back if I can manage to get this to work.

Also for a clear example of the player value issue, refer to Marseille's Indio. He played for my club (Madrid) on a higher wage and instantly after joining Marseille, his value shot up to approx 140m, despite being valued at around 40m with us. I don't understand how that makes sense, when we are a higher rep club in a higher rep league. His value has since grown despite average performances. Perhaps this could be explained to me as this is the best example I can find that shows how chaotic the values are and how they bias other clubs vs my own.

• SI Staff

Hello, this does not reproduce for me.

When loading up your save file, I was able to terminate a staff's contract and then offer them a job to the Spanish national team.

Do you have a custom skin per chance? 

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152044.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152052.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152057.png

10 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this does not reproduce for me.

When loading up your save file, I was able to terminate a staff's contract and then offer them a job to the Spanish national team.

Do you have a custom skin per chance? 

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152044.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152052.png

Screenshot 2024-04-26 152057.png

Hi Zachary,

Yes I do have a custom skin. I will test removing the skin and report back.