• Cannot offer for player originally proposed by intermediary. Told my own club doesn't intend to bid.

elerossel
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: Beta - IFK Ostersund - intermediary cant offer.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I had a player offered to me via an intermediary, that fell through during negotiations. After a week and a bit more money to play with, I'm trying to make a fresh offer, however the game is telling me that my own club "do not intend to bud for X after their offer for him, presented via an intermediary, fell through" - See the screenshot attached. Which can be achieved in the attached save game by trying to offer for Daniel Obbekjær.

This seems backwards.

I'm assuming this is the guard to prevent you offering to a club to bypass the intermediary fee. However, in this case, I'm the buying club, so the error's illogical in stating that I don't indent to bid for the player when I'm actively trying to bid for them, There's also no recourse here if this is intended behaviour (and I don't think it is), as I can't find a way to submit a new offer via the intermediary I was contacted by.

The repro for this is fairly simple:

• Get an offer via an intermediary.
    • Get the offering team to bail negotiation.
    • Wait a bit.
    • Make an offer for the same player again.

Thanks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've had this same problem. Save with Chelsea, was offered via intermediary, took time to scout the player for two weeks, now that I want the player, it just says I (Chelsea) doesn't intend to make and offer since the deal fell through. Sigh

On 21/10/2023 at 15:35, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the detailed information and save game, we will investigate further. :) 

This has happened to me too :( No possible way to make an offer for a player I really want for my team because my club apparently “do not intend to bid for the player after their offer for him, presented via an intermediary, fell through”. Honestly it’s absolutely infuriating when they’re someone perfect for what you need and the intermediary system is broken and punishes you for no reason. 

On 12/11/2023 at 23:23, StephenG said:

I find the offers in the transfer centre where i can at least accept or reject. have a look there.

Believe they're referring to outgoing offers. I have the same issue also

I have a similar issue.

Player offered via intermediary. Have no scouting budget, so offered trial. Then bid for the player and got it accepted. only to meet this:

image.thumb.png.f54e21997fb3b9fdc7b42bf1bca220fe.png

It does not work to bid again:

image.png.99bea5d0312f855b89d3e53d295c9079.png

Let me know if you want saves.

Edited by tobias
    spelling