• Sorry devs, but promises just break the game

bastoshaq
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

You guys probably know this, but word on the street is that, we players, should just avoid premises altogether because they are just broken!

I come from FM22 to FM24. In FM22, I only did 2 types of promises: contracts (either soon or end of season) and the agreed selling price when a team bid for my player and I rejected.

In FM24, contract promise still works fine. Granted that the whole approach is still bad - a player could just for ask for unreasonable things and if you do don't give him that contract then it is a broken promise. Rather, it should allow something like "with those values you will not have that contract" and you go from there. But still OK.

In FM24, the agreed selling price is now broken in my point of view. So a team comes for my player. I reject, bla bla bla we agree on the price. Now, this should, in theory, mean that the player is expecting the other team to bid - so if by the end of the transfer window there is no bid, the promise should be cancelled. I did not break the promise. The other team just did not bid what we both agreed!!! (See the example of how Enzo Fernandez when to Chelsea - he was told by Chelsea that they would pay the release clause and that because of that he could skip training at Benfica. He did skip and Chelsea did not bid the release clause. They broke the promise to Enzo. In the end, they had to pay the release clause for him to go).

In FM22 this would be cancelled soon after (or even after the winter transfer window) but in this version it goes for 3 windows (or more - at least in the Beta version did). So I cannot renew the player's contract even when the interest is gone! Even the agent says that no one wants to bid for him. So why isn't the agent telling the player to take the pay rise or that there is no team to bid what he agreed?!

The other one that I never did in FM22 but made a mistake of doing in this version was, in my RM save, that I would get a player after selling a striker. Well I did but Vini still thinks that the promise is broken. Surely you should be able to just tell the player I both this guy - he can then think that he is not good enough, and we discuss something. But no. I'm the devil! Just spend 90 million on an inside forward so that I can move Endrick as striker (with another striker 4,5 star Wahi as well - and I play with 1 striker)

Never bought the Editor but start to think that this is the way for these shortcomings.

Sorry bit of a rant - love the game - spend hours on it. But if there was an option to disable promises, it would be the first thing to do.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 10/11/2023 at 19:56, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we will need save files from before these interactions take place to examine further.

I have uploaded e4e9e748ab40402db3b45f8ddeafc34e Beta Benfica Real Madrid - Saving Money Contract Renew.fm

Thank you

This is now closed for further comments