• "Europa League Progress" Promise failed... because I'm in Champions...

nms1987
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.09.22.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

After a shambolic flop in the Europa League last year my players rightfully took me to task for our failure to reach the latter stages of the tournament, and I promised we would the next year.

Well, as it happened, we qualified for Champions League instead!  I was wondering what would happen to that promise, it showed 200~ days left on it for most of Sept, but now, out of nowhere on Sept 22, a week after my first Champions League match (a draw), I have an email saying that one of my captains is unhappy about the failure to progress in the Europa League and is considering his future.  

How does SI think I am supposed to progress in a tournament I'm not in?  Why do interactions continue to be such a fiasco?  And why did this happen now?  It didn't happen when we qualified for Champ Lg, it didn't happen after either Champ or Europa Lg matches began, it didn't happen on the promise due date... makes no sense... I was expecting the player to maybe be happy to reach Champions and forget about the Europa goal, but I figured maybe he'd hold us to reaching the latter stages (or at least giving a good showing in) Champ Lg.  That would be tough but fair.  Instead this nonsense..

Save is Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.09.22.fm, I know you've got many other earlier files from me as well ;) but let me know if you need an earlier

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @nms1987

Thanks for the detailed information, what we would need ideally is a save file from the previous season, one from just before the promise is made, or just before you qualified to the champions league, it shouldn't be doing this with a competition that you're not in. 

Ok, so I made Champions Lg Table after a 2 legged qual round.  Conveniently my weekly auto save actually landed on the morning before the 2nd tie.  So I've uploaded that Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.08.25.fm, you'll have to beat Celtic again for me to make it happen haha.  In that save it shows 299 days left of the Europa Lg promise to Jairo Moreno

My previous season Europa Lg ended after the 2nd leg of the knockout stage against Olympique Lyonnais on Feb 18 2038.  The most recent save I have before that is Jan 29, a day after I ended League Table play.  So maybe you could take Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.01.29.fm and then fail like I did against OL a couple weeks later and prompt Jairo & Co. to take me to task?

You could also take Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.06.19setfornewseason.fm which I've uploaded previously for other reasons to start the '38-'39 season and go from there. 

Hope that helps, let me know how those work