• Wingers are useless

Hoffbeck
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Wingers are utterly useless. All they do is lose the ball. heavy touches, bad passing, bad dribbling.

On rare occurcation they score a goal.

But they are so bad, actually even worse than in fm 24 (which i thought would not be possible)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The first thing that makes them useless is the fact that they NEVER make a run in behind the defense.

Which means that the always get the ball into the feet. Since there is another bug with heavy touches and bad decisions, thay very often loose the ball this way.

If the do not loose the ball through a bad touch they decide that a switch of play is appropicate decide being told to tak fewer risk at keep possision.

image.png.14522a636aa007c017c14146bb53b2d5.png

He ends up stopping and getting the ball to the feet, and looses the ball

image.png.b34ffd81180cd351d19cbf5ef6386eff.png

Here my winger has an option to run into space and get the ball. He doesnt of course and get the ball into his feet:

image.png.08bbf84b1b1c2c1d086ec0b6c45e467f.png

Okay at least he still has a chance to do a simple first time pass to my mezzalla...... but he dosnt, he takes a heavy touches and gets tackled

image.thumb.png.430d8aefa4fdeac689945122a72e261b.png

No run in behind from the winger. Instead my fullback on sup, who is asked to hold his position, drong drible, and dont run down the line. Runs forward with the ball, and decides not to try a cross at the byline, despite him and the team behind ask to cross early.

Wing play in general are so broken

image.png.20f7d9857a92d984a4f5edf06b269bcf.png

We can extrend it to Wingbacks as well.

In my desperate attempt to not loose the ball every time it was play to the wing, i decide to play with out wins.

So now Wingbacks have just taken over :(

Plenty of option, Yet he decides to littaraly dribble out the pitch. (and he is told to dribble less)image.thumb.png.ec16dd9f8956ac8cd770d57ac23b9634.png

Dribbles strainght into the AI fullbackimage.thumb.png.c841366018eb40f4b3117fc34a60af66.png

Wing play is broken beyond repair.pkm

On 05/11/2023 at 17:13, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, this does not match any of the internal data we're seeing. 

Plus, other users are saying the opposite about Wingers.

Are you guys still just scrapping it off as "not a problem"?

I don't think there is much point posting all this here.

Sure, all is anecdotal. Since not single user can view all the data at a whole.

But, and this is a big but. There are patterns for wide players (not only wingers) do have worse stats.

You could collect endless streams of data tough, and still get dismissed, because in some occasions wideplayers can score, and if you only focus on keyhighlights, you will have a bias towards them, looking at them in a more positive way.

So both impressions are true, wide players are bad, because they just loose possession and they are good when you look at their conversion rate.

Now here is what I do, play 2 shadow strikers and nothing on the wide positions beyond the fullback position in strata 1.

Wingplay then is happening, trough SS drifting out wide, running in behind, all the stuff you are asking for (also scoring).