• Position switch often does not go correctly when making a sub

nms1987
    • Public Status: Open Save Game: any Files Uploaded: Save Game

An issue I've noticed on every save game I've done on both FM23 and now FM24, happens with any database I use, any league or team I play with, is that if I made a substitution where I bring in a player from the bench, move him into a position and then move the starter at that position to another position and remove that other player, the game will frequently put my sub in in the position of the removed player.  

So, for example, I bench a DM (guy #1), move a CD (guy#2) to (guy #1's) DM spot, and bring in a new CD (guy #3) from the bench to play in guy #2's original CD spot and confirm changes.  But when the sub is actually made guy #2 will often still be in his CD role and guy#3 will have gone in at DM.  This can lead to really screwed out of position errors of course.  

I haven't attached a save as, like I said, it has happened on any save I've done in FM23 or FM24.  Could attach one if needed, but again, should happen on any random new save.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've also been having this issue regularly since FM23. Truthfully not always even just when swapping positions around. It can drive me crazy also as it won't immediately reflect in the squad lineup on the bottom, I have to see their name on the pitch or open tactics.